Virtual View Of McMahon Stadium & ST Price Comparison

iso_55

I've lived in Calgary for a long time & I think 17's comments are over the top. We like the NFL as much as any other city. But we aren't NFL wannabees.

They really are. I play a bunch of rec league stuff and I always have jokes made at my expense for wearing Bomber gear, not because the Bombers suck, but because the CFL is a joke to these people. Yes there are CFL fans in Calgary, but most of them are rider fans. True Stamps fans are a rare breed because people are either like I said Rider fans or NFL fans because they have to follow what is hyped the most.
these same people are also huge UFC fans. Just saying....

I've lived in Calgary for a long time & I think 17's comments are over the top. We like the NFL  as much as any other city. But we aren't NFL wannabees. 

They really are. I play a bunch of rec league stuff and I always have jokes made at my expense for wearing Bomber gear, not because the Bombers suck, but because the CFL is a joke to these people. Yes there are CFL fans in Calgary, but most of them are rider fans. True Stamps fans are a rare breed because people are either like I said Rider fans or NFL fans because they have to follow what is hyped the most. 

That seems to be the way society is going nowadays, sad............... just sad.

Prices are similar, looks like there are more "cheap seats" towards the endzones in Calgary...and I'd be all over the midfield seats in the top rows for $350.  You aren't getting those in Winnipeg.  I'd assume almost all of those are locked in by season ticket holders in Calgary.  I'd also be pissed if I paid $786 to sit in row 44 with the guy in row 45 paying $350.

That's neat though, haven't seen Virtual Venue used with an older facilty before.

Those cheaper seats you speak of are high, believe me. And they're real steep above the upper walkway on both the East & West grandstand.. They are Winnipeg Arena upper deck steep. No safety railings which is hard to believe.  If someone fell it'd be nasty...I had season tickets up there one season & moved the next year. I hated those seats because they were so steep. Now, people don't want to sit in them up there. That area is never sold out. 

I can verify that steepness!  I sat in the top row of Mcmahon for the 2009 grey cup and had the absolute priviledge of rubbing it in to all the crying Rider Priders!! 

Interesting comments. I do think it's harder to make friends in Calgary. People aren't as open as say they are in Winnipeg. More about the money you make, job you have, vehicle you drive & house you live in... rather than the person you are... Money, money, money, money, money. Work, work, work, work, work.

Interesting comments. I do think it's harder to make friends in Calgary. People aren't as open as say they are in Winnipeg. More about the money you make, job you have, vehicle you drive & house you live in... rather than the person you are... Money, money, money, money, money. Work, work, work, work, work.

I noticed the same out east in Ontario!

Interesting comments. I do think it's harder to make friends in Calgary. People aren't as open as say they are in Winnipeg. More about the money you make, job you have, vehicle you drive & house you live in... rather than the person you are... Money, money, money, money, money. Work, work, work, work, work.

I noticed the same out east in Ontario!

Calgary has been known, for a long time, as "Toronto Of The West" and that statement couldn't be more true...