Edmonton & Winnipeg competing for Dickenson & Wylie

gbill2004

CFL reports this morning confirm that the Bombers and Eskimos are both competing for Special Teams Coordinator Craig Dickenson and OL Coach Bob Wylie.  Dickenson was initially believed to be heading to Edmonton but may have had a change of heart with Mike O'Shea becoming Head Coach in Winnipeg. 

The report wasn't really that we're competing for Dickenson. The blurb (by Rod Pedersen, mind you) said it seemed like a foregone conclusion that Dickenson was gone to Edmonton but he could always return to Winnipeg. I guess it's left up to interpretation, but I don't really expect Dickenson to stay.

My prediction is that we'll get Wylie and lose Craig.

At this point would take Wylie over Dickenson.

Same.

O'Shea and Dickenson do seem to have similar styles though, I think they could compliment eachother well.

I honestly can't see Edmonton outbidding us for Wylie if they go with McAdoo as OC. They'll already have a good solid OL guy.

I'd make the trade where we have both of them on staff...

Funny how one year ago, we were super excited about Mack's coup to bring in Dickenson and now he's about to leave and we're 'meh'...  I actually wonder if Dickenson would be interested in coaching the defence - he has CFL experience and has seen what NOT to do...  would be really good to retain him.

Funny how one year ago, we were super excited about Mack's coup to bring in Dickenson and now he's about to leave and we're 'meh'...  I actually wonder if Dickenson would be interested in coaching the defence - he has CFL experience and has seen what NOT to do...  would be really good to retain him.

He was and still is a great ST coordinator.

Probably the best one in the league.

But the second best one is our head coach. So losing him isn't a huge hit and given the choice, I'd rather take Wylie. Would I want both of them? Obviously. But I'm not expecting to get that.

Tim Burke dumbed & numbed down every coach he had. And did the same to us as fans. As much as he was a great DC, he was a horrible HC.