Rate the Bombers Offensive Line

gbill2004

Boatmen & Douglas need to go. Jones is already much better than both of them and he was only here for around a month.

one might argue that Jones best advantage is only being here a month. Hasn't been here long enough for the coaches to ruin him. Douglas was an interesting looking player when he was new here as well. 

I could see something like this...

Jones/January - Greaves - Myddleton or Parenteau - Pencer - Neufeld or Swiston

Jones and January as bookends would be fine, if Walters finds some NI gems or signs an FA... otherwise, I think we're in tough with the ratio.

Really think DelMonaco had his 'favourites' - i.e. Kowalczuk, Boatman - and we wasted a lot of time because of that... Pencer and Swiston should progress without him, hopefully.

JBR, who would you want on our line in 2014 using who we have, the draft and potential free agents. Asking because you offer pretty good insights on the position.

Hard to rely on dropping a 2014 pick into the starting lineup.  Lavertu may not get a NFL look, but the couple others from Quebec will.  You're looking at guys for 2-3 years down the line.  There's nothing great in free agency.  Sorensen is the worst player on our line, wouldn't mind him as a 6th, Morley is declining, Neufeld is both injured and not very good, especially playing inside.  You can bring in a Mitchell or Myddleton to compete at guard, but no guarantees there either.  I'd target someone who can play centre in trade, like Jon Gott, he's a flawed player with injury issues that Calgary might just deal with Jones playing centre and an abundance of young OL.

Gott's a starting guard on the Stamps OL. Doubt the Stamps will trade him. Word in Calgary here  is that the Stamps may lose Tsoumpas to the Eskimos who are rumoured to want him badly. If that is the case, they won't be trading any OL now especially after losing Deane. The question is, will Huff pay to re-sign Tsoumpas?