No Public Transit After Grey Cup From Mosaic Stadium

iso_55

There have been a number of tweets tonite from fans at the Grey Cup about the City of Regina having no transit buses at Mosaic Stadium to take fans back to their hotels or homes after the game. If that is true, I find that utterly unbelievable that the City of Regina would make 44,000 fans responsible to make their own way back to where they need to go after the game. Thought I'd post this after the transit issues the Bombers had earlier this past season. I true, I find that disgraceful.

The City of Regina Twitter account announced this before the game

Not enough hotels & no transit. No way that city should host a Grey Cup. The City of Regina actually thought it's okay to leave 44,000 people stranded & on their own after the game? Mosaic Stadium is in a douchey part of Regina as well. Not the safest place to be walking around in the cold at 9 PM at night. People had to make their way back to hotels miles away so that is unbelievable. Never ever see me go to a GC in that city, no way.

On the City of Regina twitter account they said there are buses available at Mosaic Stadium but not from other venues. It also said buses will depart from certain areas to take fans back to malls & hotels. Yet it seems there were no buses at the end of the game at the stadium from what people are tweeting. Sounds like a **** up to me. How hard is it to coordinate bus transportation from Mosaic after the game considering the stadium is 80 years old???

People stayed in Weyburn, Moose Jaw & any other community within an hour's drive of Regina. Some rented motorhomes,  some stayed with friends while others stayed in strangers homes. Dash Bus Lines bought up all the hotel rooms & then charged an arm & a leg in 3 day packages at overly expensive rates which inc tickets & hotel room.

People stayed in Weyburn, Moose Jaw & any other community within an hour's drive of Regina. Some rented motorhomes, some stayed with friends while others stayed in strangers homes. Dash Bus Lines bought up all the hotel rooms & then charged an arm & a leg in 3 day packages at overly expensive rates which inc tickets & hotel room.

Good business move. But I would think the CFL would have something in the bid to prevent that from happening. Must have been cold staying in a motor home. Brrrrrrrrr