Riders And Esks

17to85

i'd like to see what Lulay could do on a weaker team too... but i still think he's one rung below Ray and Calvillo and still getting better. i just don't see anything about Durant that makes me believe he'll ever be better than say, Kevin Glenn with a better body. Burris can (and does) pick a team up and win the game for them... i don't think i've seen Durant do that and i know i've never seen Glenn do it.

To me the qbs in the CFL go like this currently: Ray, Calvillo, Lulay, Durant, toss up between Tate/Glenn and Burris, Pierce, whoever the esks settle on. Burris can look great, but he's inconsistent and as much of a choker as Glenn is. There's a reason the stamps traded him.

To me the qbs in the CFL go like this currently: Ray, Calvillo, Lulay, Durant, toss up between Tate/Glenn and Burris, Pierce, whoever the esks settle on. Burris can look great, but he's inconsistent and as much of a choker as Glenn is. There's a reason the stamps traded him.

Burris has a past bad rap of choking and it's a justified knock on him... but you can't say he's more of (or as much of a) a choker than Lil Kev.

Burris has a past bad rap of choking and it's a justified knock on him... but you can't say he's more of (or as much of a) a choker than Lil Kev.

Sure I can. There were some damned good stamps teams that Burris crapped the bed for in the playoffs. Hell that's the biggest reason I have Durant ahead of him, Durant often beat him in the playoffs in Calgary. Burris got one Grey Cup out of a lot of good stamps teams, even Glenn has a couple grey cup appearances to his credit and he may well have won one as well if not for a broken arm in 2007.

Sure I can. There were some damned good stamps teams that Burris crapped the bed for in the playoffs. Hell that's the biggest reason I have Durant ahead of him, Durant often beat him in the playoffs in Calgary. Burris got one Grey Cup out of a lot of good stamps teams, even Glenn has a couple grey cup appearances to his credit and he may well have won one as well if not for a broken arm in 2007.

the record still reflects: 1 GC to none for Hank.

can we agree on this: Hank does more things that can lose you a game than Glenn... but Glenn doesn't do as many things that can win you a game as Hank.  ?

the record still reflects: 1 GC to none for Hank.

can we agree on this: Hank does more things that can lose you a game than Glenn... but Glenn doesn't do as many things that can win you a game as Hank.  ?

Is that a way of saying Burris is a better athlete and is more capable of physically imposing himself on a game? cause yeah, obviously. But Hank is still as big a choker as Glenn. Burris may have much higher peaks, but the lows are every bit as low and show up at the exact same times.

Is that a way of saying Burris is a better athlete and is more capable of physically imposing himself on a game? cause yeah, obviously. But Hank is still as big a choker as Glenn. Burris may have much higher peaks, but the lows are every bit as low and show up at the exact same times.

i guess that's it. his highs are way higher, but his lows are lower and more frequent than Glenn's. 

i guess that's it. his highs are way higher, but his lows are lower and more frequent than Glenn's. 

This will come across badly to most people as well but I much prefer Glenns attitude to Hanks as well. Glenn is just the quiet even keeled guy, but I'd take that over how much of a phony Burris is. Burris talks a great game... until something goes poorly then he pouts and whines and points fingers. I tell you I can appreciate the local sports team a LOT more with Burris gone. 

Nicholls now has injury issues, I had to laugh at some of Hervey's comments. One, that he only wants guys that aren't interested in pursuing NFL careers. Is he kidding??? How many young players just want to play in the CFL? The CFL is looked upon as a stepping stone to the NFL so who is hervey trying to kid?  The other is that they absolutely... priority #1 they had to make a change at the qb position. Well, Kerry Joseph is still there. Kavis Reed is going to play him. We all know that. So how is that changing the qb position??? 

Well if you're any indication you're all such raging homers convinced that Barker is god

by comparison to the GMs on the prairies? betcher ass he is.

and Milanovich is Jesus to start with I doubt anything changes no matter what happens in a preseason game.

and let us not forget his prophets, The Holy Jones, The Blessed O'Shea and The Righteous Brady.