Divisional All Stars

Noeller

On any other team January would get tons of praise but here he is lumped in with the rest of the oline.

Funny I think January is over rated league wide just by being the best of a bad bunch here. He's not as solid as his reputation suggests.

it is funny you think that, yup..

But he's right.

On any other team January would get tons of praise but here he is lumped in with the rest of the oline.

Funny I think January is over rated league wide just by being the best of a bad bunch here. He's not as solid as his reputation suggests.

it is funny you think that, yup..

But he's right.

How solid does his reputation suggest he is? He's a good, not great, OL who's at the top of a week field in the East. I haven't read many articles that suggest much more than that.

How solid does his reputation suggest he is? He's a good, not great, OL who's at the top of a week field in the East. I haven't read many articles that suggest much more than that.

The fact that he's always an automatic allstar selection and always shows up in the MOL category for the bombers and the way the commentary always hypes him up the reputation suggests he's a top teir o-lineman. I don't think he is, I think he's a good journeyman player but hardly elite. 

The fact that he's always an automatic allstar selection and always shows up in the MOL category for the bombers and the way the commentary always hypes him up the reputation suggests he's a top teir o-lineman. I don't think he is, I think he's a good journeyman player but hardly elite. 

Oh please, you just don't like his name.  What specifically is it about January's game that makes him not elite?

Oh please, you just don't like his name.  What specifically is it about January's game that makes him not elite?

top tier tackles will pretty much take over a game by imposing their will on the trench-battle.

remember Murphy a couple years ago in BC (and his second year in Toronto)? he put his stamp on every game and his opposite number would never get a sniff of the QB or RB. he utterly demoralized defences just by making his side of the LOS into a fortress.

i'm a January fan, but as good a player as he is, and as much as i enjoy his willingness to throw down, he's never been a guy who dominates. this isn't meant to be a criticism.

top tier tackles will pretty much take over a game by imposing their will on the trench-battle.

remember Murphy a couple years ago in BC (and his second year in Toronto)? he put his stamp on every game and his opposite number would never get a sniff of the QB or RB. he utterly demoralized defences just by making his side of the LOS into a fortress.

i'm a January fan, but as good a player as he is, and as much as i enjoy his willingness to throw down, he's never been a guy who dominates. this isn't meant to be a criticism.

Rob Murphy is his prime was one of the best OL I've ever seen in the CFL. That's a comparison that nobody currently in the league wins.

IMO, based on who's currently in the league to be compared against, he's one of the best.

Dying breed.  There isn't a guy like that left in the CFL.

Ford got on because no one else in the east had a healthy enough RB. January much like last year also got on , at least to his credit due to durability , others also struggled with injuries at the OT spot.

On the flip side, a lack of healthy qbs in the West gave Durant the All Star qb spot by default.