Kicking

Floyd

So, I saw we called out the kickers today (again)...  while kicking was not great, I'm not sure you can say it cost us the game.  O'Neil shanked an early field goal and Renaud did outkick Shaw.

Great quote by Burke..."And Mike, I think, he was trying to drive the ball into the wind the last game. And it's just a matter of, you know, just kick it away -- don't worry about the wind."

Ignore the wind.  I see.

"Wind, wind, we don't worry 'bout no stinkin wind"

Add that to his list.

What I do wonder is after punting gaffes, such as we've seen with Renaud, how much does Coach Dickenson talk to him about placement and technique?

It just seems that after a couple of low driving punts, that would be corrected.

I know I shouldn't compare to Cameron, but he always seemed to be able to find a remedy for poor kicks.

I guess we're talking football 'smarts' here.

Brody McKnight's audition should be underway.

So, I saw we called out the kickers today (again)...  while kicking was not great, I'm not sure you can say it cost us the game.  O'Neil shanked an early field goal and Renaud did outkick Shaw.

Great quote by Burke..."And Mike, I think, he was trying to drive the ball into the wind the last game. And it's just a matter of, you know, just kick it away -- don't worry about the wind."

Ignore the wind.  I see.

Distance wise alone, Renaud had a higher average, but to say he out-punted Shaw is not accurate. If you paid attention to the hang time and direction, you'd see Shaw was way ahead.

Ignore the wind.  I see.

Distance wise alone, Renaud had a higher average, but to say he out-punted Shaw is not accurate. If you paid attention to the hang time and direction, you'd see Shaw was way ahead.

Shaw had two absolutely terrible punts in the first half - he got better later in the game but... definitely not 'way ahead'

"Wind, wind, we don't worry 'bout no stinkin wind"

Add that to his list.

What I do wonder is after punting gaffes, such as we've seen with Renaud, how much does Coach Dickenson talk to him about placement and technique?

It just seems that after a couple of low driving punts, that would be corrected.

I know I shouldn't compare to Cameron, but he always seemed to be able to find a remedy for poor kicks.

I guess we're talking football 'smarts' here.

Brody McKnight's audition should be underway.

I watched Renaud as he came off the field after every punt. His body language said it all. Sometimes head down, firmly pulling off his chin strap to show anger & frustration. Other times looking directly at Dickenson with his arms in a "What am I supposed to do?" pose while shaking his head. Not a great night for the guy.