Hamilton @ Calgary FNF

Mr Dee

Tidbits:

-BL Mitchell gets the start, then Drew Tate, then Mr Glenn.

-Better game plan for BLM because of more prep. time or just more running by Cornish who's averaging over 100 yds. per game.

-Ti-Cats have allowed a league leading 41 sacks against so far.

-Will CJ Gable, be able, to pirouette his way around Calgary defenders?

Of interest to Bomber fans...Marcellus Bowman is starting on ST tonight.

-Burris needs just 217 passing yds. to pass 50,000 yds. in his career. This is likely to happen tonight...in Calgary.

-Burris still keeps a permanent home in Calgary. His wife and two sons spend the winter in Calgary so the boys can go to school there.

-Only Stanley Bryant and rookie centre Brett Jones have started every game for the Horsemen this season.

-The Stamps have won three in a row and are undefeated at home this season at 4-0.

4 plays - 79 yds - TD...we can only dream

Ha, here I thought Mitchell made a big error in throwing that int.

Little did I know it was part of the Offensive plan for Taylor to move the ball forward.

Ham. 22-19 at this point. 

Burris has nothing but time to throw tonight.

Hey look, a blitz...and a sack.

Hey look, another blitz and a Hank throw. Turnover.

(I think Kent Austin is ticked at Henry.)

I've noticed the people complaining about the loss of Bowman and basically saying Mack was crazy for suggesting he was going to miss half the season are gone...

Does Calgary have a fourth Quarterback? Why are they dressing TWO injured Quarterbacks? Do they really want to play Sinapoli? Theres no way Tate lasts more than a Quarter if hes forced to play anytime soon.

Bo Levi Mitchell came through in the clutch. Great young qb. Nothing seems to faze the guy. I'd say the best of all the young guns in the CFL. He made a couple of mistakes early with the interception & fumble but he didn't let it rattle him. BLM just went on to the next play & forgot it so props to him for being so poised.

Bo Levi sure came on strong in the second half. Hank had a great start & faded when the pressure was on as Hank always does. He got to 50,000 yds career CFL passing, threw for nearly 400 yds & still lost. That pick he threw late in the 4th quarter was inexcusable for a 15 year veteran. After the game Hank was inteviewed & said he has to learn from his mistakes & get better. Like huh?? A 15 year veteran serves up a brain fart on a play like that & he still says he has to learn from his mistakes?? Whatever happened to ball security being the first priority in field goal range??? That is why Hank's not missed in Calgary. And why he is going to drive Hamilton fans nuts like he did the fans in Calgary & Kent Austin will want to strangle him.

You see what Calgary did with Hughes as Figueroa was dominating him? They started moving him around, put him as a stand up rush end, at OLB, did twists & stunts & it started to confuse Hank. Thing is, they did that in the fourth quarter which to me was impressive. They didn't stand pat. Rick Campbell likes to blitz but we didn't see a lot of it before then. Anyway, the Stamps D ended up with 5 sacks, two by Hughes as well as turning up the heat on Hank who does dumb things when he is under pressure like that pick late in the game. That 4th quarter was all Stamps D. 

I've noticed the people complaining about the loss of Bowman and basically saying Mack was crazy for suggesting he was going to miss half the season are gone...

Does Calgary have a fourth Quarterback? Why are they dressing TWO injured Quarterbacks? Do they really want to play Sinapoli? Theres no way Tate lasts more than a Quarter if hes forced to play anytime soon.

I was one of those people...  Missing half the season was fine actually, but it was more just letting another veteran walk with nothing more than a shrug.  Bowman even on the sidelines would have helped this team... and yeah, I would be totally fine with Bowman returning at this point of the season, especially with Parker out and Wild already knicked up.

People were not arguing about starting vets no matter what, it was more a matter of letting young guys win the jobs instead of just turfing vets for no real reason.

No doubt that Bowman would have helped this team keep its composure this year.

The 4th Quarter was all about Hamilton mistakes.  A stupid Int by Burris in FG range followed by a missed short FG.  Take those away and add 6 points to Hamilton's score, and they wouldn't need to go for a TD in the end.  A long FG would do.

Pressure by the Stamps D caused the Hamilton mistakes, TBurg but that Fg hitting the uprights  sure helped.

The 4th Quarter was all about Hamilton mistakes.  A stupid Int by Burris in FG range followed by a missed short FG.  Take those away and add 6 points to Hamilton's score, and they wouldn't need to go for a TD in the end.  A long FG would do.

Pressure by the Stamps D caused the Hamilton mistakes, TBurg but that Fg hitting the uprights  sure helped.

Burris tried a stupid jump pass in FG range.  That's all on him.  All he had to do was eat the ball and they could have kicked the 3.

I was one of those people...  Missing half the season was fine actually, but it was more just letting another veteran walk with nothing more than a shrug.  Bowman even on the sidelines would have helped this team... and yeah, I would be totally fine with Bowman returning at this point of the season, especially with Parker out and Wild already knicked up.

People were not arguing about starting vets no matter what, it was more a matter of letting young guys win the jobs instead of just turfing vets for no real reason.

No doubt that Bowman would have helped this team keep its composure this year.

Bowman was offered a contract.

Bo Levi Mitchell came through in the clutch. Great young qb. Nothing seems to faze the guy. I'd say the best of all the young guns in the CFL. He made a couple of mistakes early with the interception & fumble but he didn't let it rattle him. BLM just went on to the next play & forgot it so props to him for being so poised.

Bo Levi sure came on strong in the second half. Hank had a great start & faded when the pressure was on as Hank always does. He got to 50,000 yds career CFL passing, threw for nearly 400 yds & still lost. That pick he threw late in the 4th quarter was inexcusable for a 15 year veteran. After the game Hank was inteviewed & said he has to learn from his mistakes & get better. Like huh?? A 15 year veteran serves up a brain fart on a play like that & he still says he has to learn from his mistakes?? Whatever happened to ball security being the first priority in field goal range??? That is why Hank's not missed in Calgary. And why he is going to drive Hamilton fans nuts like he did the fans in Calgary & Kent Austin will want to strangle him.

Yeah, when I saw that lame duck he threw up I laughed.  That's a panic throw you might expect a young Qb to make, not a 15-year veteran.  The smart thing for a veteran QB to do would have been to take the sack or even throw it out of bounds and at least get a field goal out of the series. Then I remembered it was Henry Burris and it's par for the course.  A future hall of famer, sure, but due to his underwhelming playoff record and the countless questionable plays in key situations such as last night, he will never be considered a top-10 QB of all-time.