Is Now The Time???

Goalie

If we did that, we would have 4 teams from the current west in the play offs. Same as it will be under the current rules. The only difference it would make is that the cross over team would host the other division final/semi. And it would hurt content in the east. Which would heavily hurt the leagues support from TSN. So im not in favor of 1 division. 

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

No way to Saskatoon, wouldn't work, Riders are a provincial thing.  Yes to the Maritimes, hell yes. Fairly confident QC could support a team. No to one division. The east teams are joke every year, it would kill the league.

Dont think another team in sask works either. Also think QC would be a very good market. Id love for the maritimes to have a strong franchise but that would be such a hard franchise to make work. The riders are established and ingrained in sask culture. They wouldnt have that on the coast. Id worry with how spread out of the fans are it would sink after a tough stretch. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, JCon said:

I was thinking that too but the only viable one I would make sense would be Halifax, IMO.

Maaaaaybe QC finds the desire to build a 22-25K stadium and partners with Laval. That might be doable.

I just can't see it in Saskatoon. It would always be the poor little sister of the Riders, especially with a 'little' stadium.

Windsor? I'm not sure. Are they CFL or NFL fans there?

Kelowna? Is there a big enough population base now? That would be interesting.

Kelowna isn't big enough. They have the 2,500 seat Apple Bowl where the Okanagan Sun play & last Saturday I was at the game there as my son is a coach with the Sun & it wasn't sold out. However, well over 2,000 fans were in attendance vs Kamloops. Junior football is king there & the community embraces it. Just a great atmosphere for a game. The CFL would never work there.

Edited by SpeedFlex27