US Open Carry Laws and Gun Discussion

Jacquie

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes, by my logic.  Most people dont have Wills from the time they can drive, but we drive every day and take that risk.  The odds of needed a gun to defend yourself is rare.  Far too rare to simply allow the masses to arm themselves with increasingly powerful weapons with little to no training in how to use them, little to no training in dealing with stressful & emotional situations, little to no training in self defense & first aid.  its like giving a child a tank to drive.

Have you been to a fire arms class?  They are very strict in their teachings on safety and respect for the tool.

And increasingly more powerful weapons?  Are you even aware of what you're allowed to have in Canada.

And you're gender virtue signaling is disgusting.  Are you up for a job at Buzzfeed?

To me, the most dangerous thing about firearms in Canada is the misinformation and fear mongering of A: the firearms themselves and B: the average person who owns (LEGALLY)

Criminals don't count, because they don't register their firearms.

Edited by basslicker

Our gun laws are much stricter here.  For good reason. If America had stricter laws perhaps some of these crazy people can't have a gun. The problem with guns isn't the gun. It's the person... it's the heat of the moment anger or rage humans get at times. I don't know how you control it even.  You don't.  You certainly don't give that person easy access to guns that's for sure. 

Personally tho...I'm almost at the point where I don't really give 2 craps about the USA. It's seriously at the point where... it's just another day in the land of the free and the home of the so called brave. Take away their guns to and how brave would they be. Bunch of racist morons really. Seriously.  This is a country that possibly elected Donald Frigging Trump to be president.  I say possibly because until he's actually president... who really knows what happens 

20 hours ago, basslicker said:

Have you been to a fire arms class?  They are very strict in their teachings on safety and respect for the tool.

And increasingly more powerful weapons?  Are you even aware of what you're allowed to have in Canada.

And you're gender virtue signaling is disgusting.  Are you up for a job at Buzzfeed?

To me, the most dangerous thing about firearms in Canada is the misinformation and fear mongering of A: the firearms themselves and B: the average person who owns (LEGALLY)

Criminals don't count, because they don't register their firearms.

Anyone that says "act like a man" shouldn't be critical of anyone else for gender anything. I mean really.... 

the issue isn't the responsible well trained gun owners. That's where the debate always falls apart. Because responsible gun owners don't care if irresponsible untrained unskilled or criminals have guns as long as they get to too. That's the problem. 

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Our gun laws are much stricter here.  For good reason. If America had stricter laws perhaps some of these crazy people can't have a gun. The problem with guns isn't the gun. It's the person... it's the heat of the moment anger or rage humans get at times. I don't know how you control it even.  You don't.  You certainly don't give that person easy access to guns that's for sure. 

Personally tho...I'm almost at the point where I don't really give 2 craps about the USA. It's seriously at the point where... it's just another day in the land of the free and the home of the so called brave. Take away their guns to and how brave would they be. Bunch of racist morons really. Seriously.  This is a country that possibly elected Donald Frigging Trump to be president.  I say possibly because until he's actually president... who really knows what happens 

The problem is the gun when it's assault rifles and other weapons like that. No one needs for hunting or protection. 

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎10 at 1:20 PM, Goalie said:

Ya. Assault rifles are certainly not needed 

And the U.S. does regulate assault rifles.  I believe they had to have been legally purchased prior to 1986 and there are some other restrictions.

Fully automatic guns are regulated.  You need a special licence and background checks.

And no, an AR15 is not an assault rifle.

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎10 at 0:12 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone that says "act like a man" shouldn't be critical of anyone else for gender anything. I mean really.... 

the issue isn't the responsible well trained gun owners. That's where the debate always falls apart. Because responsible gun owners don't care if irresponsible untrained unskilled or criminals have guns as long as they get to too. That's the problem. 

Any proof of that?  All gun owners I know are very respectful and are caring people.

A lot of arguments of anti-gun people are very condescending and false generalizations.

Also, when 'acting like a man' is a bad thing, you will see the fall of civilization as we know it. It means doing the right thing and protecting what's important.  What's wrong about that?