Alberta Economy & Oil (Split Discussion)

Tracker

4 hours ago, basslicker said:

I have a good friend from Eriksdale and he says 'you don't know a hard days work until you've spent 10 hours picking rocks in the field'

My grandmother & grandfather homesteaded in Moosehorn. Their house is on display at the museum there. It has a different name as my grandfather sold their farm to another family in the 1930's but he built that house in the early 1900's & they didn't. My dad said the same thing about the rocks just coming out of the ground. My grandparents died 2 decades before I was born. Too bad as I would have loved to have known them.

Edited by iso_55

16 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

My grandmother & grandfather homesteaded in Moosehorn. Their house is on display at the museum there. It has a different name as my grandfather sold their farm to another family in the 1930's but he built that house in the early 1900's & they didn't. My dad said the same thing about the rocks just coming out of the ground. My grandparents died 2 decades before I was born. Too bad as I would have loved to have known them.

Ooooo Moosehorn that's a shame as well... Full disclosure I'm from Ashern so I can't really talk either

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ooooo Moosehorn that's a shame as well... Full disclosure I'm from Ashern so I can't really talk either

LOL! The Bright LIGHT of Ashern. ;)  My cousin now lives there.  My other cousin's son's owns a farm near Moosehorn. Took over from his dad. His parents retired to Steep Rock where they have a beautiful lakefront home on Lake Manitoba. 

13 hours ago, iso_55 said:

LOL! The Bright LIGHT of Ashern. ;)  My cousin now lives there.  My other cousin's son's owns a farm near Moosehorn. Took over from his dad. His parents retired to Steep Rock where they have a beautiful lakefront home on Lake Manitoba. 

The home might be beautiful, but I'll tell you there's nothing beautiful about being on Lake Manitoba......