Calgary @ Edmonton FNF

Mr Dee

Rottier still on the roster but it looks like Edm. is going with 3 Amer. on the O-Line.

Kavie Reed will do the play calling in "crucial situations".

Stamps are concerned over their QB injury situation.

BLM to start, then Tate, then Glenn?

Stamp fans want D. Dickenson as Head Coach ASAP before other teams come calling....Wpg. Mont. Edmon.

Stamps released DB Demetrice Morley

What I'm interested in is seeing if the o-line changes and play calling changes will help Reiily stay alive or make thing worse?

Will Calgary start off quickly again, but this time not let their foot off the gas pedal?

Will BLM be as prepared for this game as he was against us?

How many Eskimo fans will show up?

Adarius Bowman makes his return to the line up but Henry has been effective for Reilly, so I don't think there's much of an addition there.

And finally can Edm get a running game going?

The hits aren't as bad for sure, but still, 5 sacks after the 1st half.

Looks like Rottier has a sneaky smile under his helmet.(JK)

Bearded boy will have his duties shaved, if not his job.

Edmonton's running game is keeping it close, not to mention less hits on Reilly.

I got my answer on Calgary's game plan...lots of running. That means Calgary either really respects our run defence or really disrespects our pass defence.

The good news coming from this game is it looks like Edmonton has stolen that play where we throw to the far side of the field, for a three yard gain, when we need at least seven. (well if Buck is playing, it's a pick 6)

They must like it, they used it a few times last night.

They are welcome to it.

The good news coming from this game is it looks like Edmonton has stolen that play where we throw to the far side of the field, for a three yard gain, when we need at least seven. (well if Buck is playing, it's a pick 6)

They must like it, they used it a few times last night.

They are welcome to it.

In that case, I guess Ed Hervey was right when he said Sams wouldn't be calling any more plays.  I guess Gary Crowton is.

Word is that the CFLPA is saying what Hervey did criticizing Simeon Rottier the way he did publicly by singling him out for harsh criticism contravenes the collective bargaining agreement & want him heavily fined. Then Kavis Reed was fined $2,500 for verbally abusing an on field official after the LD game in Calgary. Watching that game last night with the bearded wonder missing two easy FGs, Reilly getting sacked 7 times again & Hugh Woods dropping that sure touchdown, I'm beginning to wonder if Edmonton will win another game this season. Oh wait, they play us twice... The battle of the titans. Notice I didn't capitalize that. ;)

As bad as edmonton was at times, most of the point differential came down to Parades making a 50 yarder, and eskimos missing 2 easy field goals. When you add in the dropped edmonton pass that looked like a sure touchdown, this was a winnable game for edmonton. Calgary with BLM looked beatable, and did not seem to have the offensive efficiency they have with KG. Their only touchdown came on a short drive after the eskimo fumble on the punt return.

Dickenson called a very conservative game. I think part of that comes from the fact that the Stamps had just TWO practices to get BLM prepared as a starter for the game & I think Dave wanted to keep the game easy for the kid. I don't think he actually threw one football over 20 yards the entire game. Mostly screens & little dink & dunk passes. With the running of Jon Cornish the passing game didn't need to do more than that. Also, when you have a kicker like Rene Paredes, the urgency to score a touchdown just isn't there. As far as Edmonton goes, great teams find ways to win & bad teams find ways to lose. Edmonton is a bad football team. In the clutch they couldn't get it done last night. The two missed FGs & the Hugh Woods touchdown drop.... Plays that needed to be made & should have. .

Randum thoughts:

Yes, that was as conservative play calling as you will see from Calgary, but you're right, a good RB and a short work week will do that to a game plan.

Edmonton left 8 points on the field form those two FG misses and the TD drop, so they would have been within their normal losing spread.

Esk fans are talking what will happen to their playoff crossover hopes after they are 3-9.  That means they are already considering a sweep.

We should bask for the next 24 hrs. in our 7th place position....we may not see it again.

I'm sold on Reilly, but not his choices in friends.

I believe the Bombers can contain John White, but can they contain Reilly or any of the receivers? I've rarely seen our secondary be so...secondary.

14 sacks in two weeks, 7 per week, given up by Edmonton and suddenly, we no longer are the sack leaders.

Can we feast on the Edm. O-Line when it's our turn?

Errr, the secondary. Here we are, game 10 and the only change in our d-backs is a walk through for a..a grouse on his way back to..??

It pisses me off that we can't fix our secondary through better scheming or planning or replacing. 

Do we not check film to see what our opponents are doing? Especially to us?

With apologies to Bob Dylan:

You may be a H Back covering man to man

You may be a corner, playing in a plan

You may have long hair or be 5'2"

But you're going to have to 'stop somebody'