Everything posted by captaincanuck12
-
Game 22: vs. Jets 1.0 (Coyotes)
This team is a joke. Clearly something is wrong with the system. I don't know who we replace with Maurice with, but his time is up.
-
Game 22: vs. Jets 1.0 (Coyotes)
Omfg. This team drives me absolutely.insane. I can understand one or two games where we get out goalied... But not five or six.
-
Game 22: vs. Jets 1.0 (Coyotes)
Man... Just need that first goal ...then I think the floodgates will open. Still not sold on Hextall as PBP announcer, but shes an upgrade over Singh.
-
Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT
From CFL.ca WESTERN FINAL SPOTLIGHT Saskatchewan Roughriders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers IG Field Sunday, December 5 at 4 p.m. ET At a glance: Winnipeg has not hosted a Division Final since 2011 as a member of the East. The team last hosted the Western Final in 1972. This game will be a rematch of the 2019 Western Final when Winnipeg earned a 20-13 road victory. Winnipeg is 40-19-2 (.672) at home in the playoffs. Home teams in the Western Final are 27-20 (.575) since 1973. Saskatchewan owns a 20-34-1 (.373) road record in the playoffs. Winnipeg swept the season series 2-0. Week 5: WPG 23 – SSK 8 in the Labour Day Classic Week 6: WPG 33 – SSK 9 in the Banjo Bowl The Roughriders and the Blue Bombers have met in the Western Final four times: 2019, 1972, 1966 and 1941. In 15 total playoff matchups, Winnipeg has won eight. This will be Craig Dickenson’s third playoff game as a head coach (1-1); Mike O’Shea will be helming his seventh playoff game (3-3). This will be Cody Fajardo’s third start in the playoffs (1-1); Zach Collaros will be starting in his fifth career playoff contest (3-1). As starters, Fajardo is 2-3 against Winnipeg, while Zach Collaros is 5-3 against Saskatchewan. William Powell rushed for 132 yards (5.2 yards per carry) in two games versus the Blue Bombers this season. Nic Demski recorded eight receptions for 175 yards and a touchdown against the Riders in 2021. Deatrick Nichols tallied 13 tackles, a sack and an interception.
-
Game 22: vs. Jets 1.0 (Coyotes)
Jets (10-7-4) break a 5 game winless skid with a 4-2 win against The Flames Desert Dogs (4-15-2) have lost 2 in a row, and firmly in last place in the Central Note: GAME IS AT 6:30 PM ON SPORTSNET
-
Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th
Banjo Bowl playoff edition! Always nervous about these games but I still have a tonne of confidence in this team. My only demand is that we dress Augustine over Olivera. And rotate those two in. And what kind of fan would I be if I didn't offer Saskatchewan some congratulations. It took you 3 years to win a playoff game in your barn, so wtg!
-
Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th
There's still plenty of.time for the Sask d to choke.
-
Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th
I really don't know who I'd rather face. I hate the riders and stamps.
-
Game 21: @Flames
opportunity squandered.
-
Game 21: @Flames
I'm going to continue the curling conversation because why not. Yeah I know mcewen's a good curler... I just grew up watching Stoughton and loved it when he represented MB. Only thing missing from his resume was an Olympic medal ...which came down to a measurement against Gushue . Provincial pride aside, whoever wins Scotties/brier needs to win world's and Olympics. Gold or bust:)
-
Game 21: @Flames
I've never liked McEwen tbh. He would run his mouth saying his team was the best chance to win a brier. I would love it when Stoughton would beat him. Stoughton would go on to win the Brier and world championships that year. Curling spoiler: Jones steals 2 in the 9th to go up 8-3.
-
Game 21: @Flames
All Manitoba women's final it's looking like!
-
Game 21: @Flames
Maurice is putting the worst defensive unit together again. Unreal.
-
The NHL Covid Protocol Thread
Does the NHLPA have a vaccine mandate in place? I'm legit curious if this is a case of unvaccinated players infecting others.
-
The Jets bitchfest thread
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Bruce Boudreau here. I think a bunch of the Jets players need some hard nosed tough love. The reality is that there are slim pickings. The Jets window is closing and Wheeler at 8.5M for the next 3 years, is gonna kill our cap. We have 0 cap space now too, so I don't know who we offload for some cap relief this year.
-
Game 20 : @Wild
Maurice and his infinite wisdom decides to throw in Beaulieu. Wow there's a kickstart for a struggling team.
-
Game 20 : @Wild
I don't know what else to say about this team. This is downright embarrassing and something needs to change.
-
Game 20 : @Wild
First minute in, give up a goal. I think we should start games down 2-0. Looks like I got my wish.
-
GDT: Game 19 @ Blue Jackets
4 straight losses. 3 goals in the last 3 games. Something needs to change.
-
GDT: Game 19 @ Blue Jackets
Already down 1 and losing hope for the Jets.
-
Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th
With a name like Levels you think he would levelled up in maturity and shut his mouth. Reminds me of Kevin Eiben guaranteeing the Bombers wouldn't score more than 10 points against them in 2007.
-
GDT:Game 18 vs Pittsburgh
Absolutely abysmal performance tonight. 2 days off and to show zero urgency outside of the 1st period.
-
GDT:Game 18 vs Pittsburgh
We **** the bed and likely lose this game. Jets aren't getting to the dirty areas to score. The system is too reliant on skill and hellebyuck. Notice that since PLD and Wheeler were put together PLD hasn't scored? Wheeler needs less ice time. Unfortunately unless the coach changes there will be more frustration to come.
-
2021 Blue Bombers Season
Love the enthusiasm about bringing him back.. but do you think he'd make a huge impact in the West Final? With only two weeks to learn the new playbook. Makes more sense to sign him to next year assuming he's done exploring NFL opportunities
-
GDT - Week 16 - The Champs @ The Stamps
Jake Maier is now the greatest qb according to tsn. Impressive stats.