Everything posted by BBlink
-
Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros
Ford's middle of the season was elite - MOP numbers. Once teams game planned him he couldn't do much. But he is still pretty new
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
Lawson will be a linch pin in that d line for a while.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I don't think Lawler had a great year this year for whatever reason (there were a few) . He was a top prize in FA for a reason. In Edmonton he was getting open a lot. IMO he can give similar or better production than Schoen of he can get back to form.
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
When healthy we are far and away the better team. Montreal was red hot and extremely healthy. We dressed 3 receivers that couldn't make near the impact they would have if they were healthy. And then on top of that we turned the ball over in key situations and our defensive game plan was bad. It ******* sucks but looking forward to next year.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
Dumbest man on Earth
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
Awesome. Buck in green would have been awful
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
Good, these guys are good but hopefully 2 Grey Cup losses will light a fire under them to find some impact players
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
Well, you can weigh the pros and the cons. Up to the minute information is nice I guess. But I've decided that I don't need to be that much in the know about anything anymore. If it's important enough I'll learn about it later. I just dont think it's good for me. More of a personal decision than anything. And one I think some people could benefit from.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I deleted Twitter. I don't think I'll go back to be honest. I don't need to spend copious amounts of time arguing with idiots and bots. It is such a cesspool of things that aren't real. As much as people find it useful, I think in general it's making everyone's life much worse and they don't realize it.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
First order of business - Extend Evan Holm. Edit: realizing this is the non-Bombers thread. Well, he could potentially not be a Bomber in a couple years. Get on it Walters
-
Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros
Hey I'm a huge fan of Brown too. My comment wasn't about Brown - it was about Collaros and the narrative that he isn't a big game QB. He has been hamstrung in the big game the last 2 years. It's a big decision to move on from a guy who has gotten us to 4 straight Grey Cups - despite the fact that we have lost the last two in dramatic fashion.
-
Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros
I'm going to make some excuses for the average play of Collaros in the Grey Cup. 1. We have been a very balanced offensive team...especially in the two years that we had Andrew Harris here. We were run heavy. We basically employ receivers that are run blockers first. 2. We know we can run and running in the playoffs is the way to go 3. 2022 Collaros was playing hurt 4. 2023 our entire receiving core minus Lawler and Woli were hurt It just goes to show you that it isn't the best team that wins the Grey Cup...it's the hottest/healthiest. Healthy Collaros and Schoen has been our bread and butter for passing stats the last two years. We haven't had that in both our losses. That said, has Collaros been stellar, even given the excuses? I'd say no. His underthrows in this last Grey Cup were brutal. But are we making a mountain out of a mole hill? I think so.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
Doesn't matter, have Evan Holm
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
I was thinking about the same play. Agree 110 percent. We had very few tendency breaker plays
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
We were somewhat fortunate that we had a core group of guys that wanted to stick together for 4 years. We lost the last 2 Grey Cups which is shitty. I honestly think the coaching staff has gotten a bit too unimaginative and overconfident, thinking that if we just show up and do our thing then we win. And they were almost right. But it has cost us this time around. We need to find that edge again.
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
Folks on here that were questioning the roster management have to feel a bit vindicated after this one (after the sadness/anger goes away). We stuck with the same ol same ol and didn't find and develop enough guys. Bighill playing tonight was a mistake. Schoen playing tonight was a result of not developing someone to step in and be the guy. We could have dressed Rose, we could have dressed a d lineman. Hell, without Jackson we could have dressed 2 d linemen. We really relied on Jeffcoat and Willie getting home and they were well schemed against. Defense was okay but not good enough. Offensively we were playing with 3 injured receivers and a QB who for some reason can't seem to make the big throws in the big game. Im beyond frustrated.
-
Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!
I had a good laugh just now when they showed a promo for the Als with a song called "ain't doing jack"
-
Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!
I wish someone in our media would have asked why.
-
Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!
AFAIK You are still a Grey Cup champion even if you aren't engraved on the cup. Being engraved seems like pretty small potatos when looking at the main prize
-
Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!
In 2019 I watched the game in a nervous and quieter optimism. Got loud when good things happened (obviously) and then in the second half I didn't celebrate until there was almost no time on the clock. Actually, I think I was just in disbelief, like it wasn't real. I can see this year going much the same way.
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
I just think they've all but given up getting a straight answer from O'Shea. As Mike Kelly would say.. It's all handled internally. Osh just has a better way of saying it.
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
It really does seem that his roots are here and he may not want to move his family away right now. Would take some special circumstances
-
East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes
As someone who has a movember mustache and got season tickets in 2005 that was a roller coaster for me. (though I was a Bomber fan well before that year)
-
East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes
Kelly had so many wide open receivers this year. I wonder how well he will do next year when they can't afford quite as good a team around him. Do the Argos have the same culture that allows them to keep a lot of vets around? Im guessing no. But we shall see
-
East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes
A segment of their beat reporters think that because this is Kelly's first year as starter and that he hasnt played football for a while should contribute to the MOP nod. They are clueless.