Advice needed on how to create a CFL fan

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎10 at 10:59 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

So my brother lives in Toronto (problem #1) and has always enjoyed the NFL, enough so that he plays fantasy football every year. I have always plugged the CFL, but he finds it less exciting, and picks out the flaws in the game (to be fair, they certainly exist) and the league in general. So with the Argos move to BMO he says he is willing to really give the game a try. However, he has noted that some games he has seen (Calgary-Ottawa the latest) have real dull stretches in them, and a game he sees some promise in (Edmonton-Sask) is on too late for him to stick it out to the end. His big beef is with how the league markets itself (and I've told him if you compare to the NFL all the time, anything will look lousy). He says he simply wants some competency. Two examples he cites are the new jersey launch and the CFL website. He can't believe the league would launch a new look jersey for each team, and have one team (*cough* Bombers) not have the jersey available for purchase at the time if the launch. Secondly, he goes to the cfl.ca website the morning after the game and still does not see updated standings or even proper game stats for the match. I can't really argue against either of those flaws, but any suggestions on how to convince him that this game is worth getting behind? He says he wants to give it a fair shot, but wonders if being in Toronto where no one would care enough (even on the league website) is the problem, or is it a deeper problem with the game experience itself?

Any suggestions on how to convert this lukewarm new fan and sell him on what the CFL has to offer? What is the best argument someone would have?

Tell your brother that the CFL doesn't need to be a replacement for his love of the NFL, it can be a supplement to it. However, based on your post it sure sounds like your brother has got a lot of bias against the CFL so I am not sure he will ever like the game. None of the reasons listed above are a good reason to not like our game. Petty criticisms.

4 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Tell your brother that the CFL doesn't need to be a replacement for his love of the NFL, it can be a supplement to it. However, based on your post it sure sounds like your brother has got a lot of bias against the CFL so I am not sure he will ever like the game. None of the reasons listed above are a good reason to not like our game. Petty criticisms.

I think you've got it right... and are along the sames lines as what I posted earlier... you don't need to replace NFL with CFL... but if you can slowly get an NFL fan on board during July and August... maybe he'll slowly start to watch games in Sept and Oct...