Batman v Superman Spoiler Thread

Logan007

58 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

any guess who that was who spoke to batman when he kind of awoke in his dream that says, he was right all along about superman, before finally waking up completely

** i thought it might have been the flash and thats apparently what other people are thinking too when i looked it up, like this

I said that it was the Flash a few posts up.  COME ON MAN!!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!

;)

Here's another huge plot hole.  First of all...who goes all the way to the basement to look for the "washroom" and who the hell buys that excuse?  And THEN turns away and leaves the person still near the precious server room UNATTENDED!?!?

And what kind of server room security is that where the door is just left wide open for anyone to go into?

Second, as a computer guy that looks after a server room...WHO THE HELL LEAVES CABLES CONNECTING TO THEIR SERVER'S DANGLING OUTSIDE OF THE ROOM!??!  If they're trying to make Lex look like a complete idiot...they succeeded.

I thought the same thing too, but when Lex is on the rooftop with Superman, he says this was all years of planning,  so the invite to Bruce altogether leads me to believe it was designed for him to get the info not only to get the kryptonite from the white portuguese but also a look at other meta humans, maybe he hoped batman would take a stand against just like superman, or possibly recruit them to help kill superman if needed?

4 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Here's another huge plot hole.  First of all...who goes all the way to the basement to look for the "washroom" and who the hell buys that excuse?  And THEN turns away and leaves the person still near the precious server room UNATTENDED!?!?

And what kind of server room security is that where the door is just left wide open for anyone to go into?

Second, as a computer guy that looks after a server room...WHO THE HELL LEAVES CABLES CONNECTING TO THEIR SERVER'S DANGLING OUTSIDE OF THE ROOM!??!  If they're trying to make Lex look like a complete idiot...they succeeded.

No kidding eh?  Very lazy script.  I thought the Wonder Woman "photo" thing was silly too.  Maybe her film will explain why it was so important.  I mean, some people think Nic Cage is a vampire because there is a photo from the 1800's of someone that looks just like him and a grainy pic of someone that looked like WW is a critical issue?

Would have been better if she was searching for information on the other meta-humans.  Would have been a more worthwhile "hunt" and actually played into the plot.

The idea Bruce needs access to Lex's servers and just walks in and plugs in a little device to the server is so silly.

Am I the only one that didnt like this Alfred?  I thought the lack of father figure to that relationship was a downer.

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought the same thing too, but when Lex is on the rooftop with Superman, he says this was all years of planning,  so the invite to Bruce altogether leads me to believe it was designed for him to get the info not only to get the kryptonite from the white portuguese but also a look at other meta humans, maybe he hoped batman would take a stand against just like superman, or possibly recruit them to help kill superman if needed?

The plan was pretty stupid.  He hoped Batman would kill Superman.  Why didnt he just do it himself if he had the means?  And then the Doomsday plan... what was the end game there, to destroy the world?  Didnt fit.  They even have Lex sort of dismissively refer to how easy it was to manipulate Batman "send a few notes".  They needed better writers to come up with a better plan than that.

The single stupidest scene might have been the Doomsday birthing scene.  Dump Zod in some goo that just happens to be sitting around the ship, add human blood and voila.  Absolutely mindnumbingly idiotic.

I think Lex didnt fully expect batman to win, hence why he requested batman's head from superman, but gave him (batman) the means to pull off the upset which is good either way as it's one less threat. Doomsday was the next plan after superman killed batman, to kill superman,  cuz he says something dumb like   "  Ancient Kryptonian deformity! Blood of my blood! Born to destroy you... your doomsday. " and probably thought he had some kind of control over it, or was just that obsessed with killing superman, nothing else mattered

but for how easy it was for batman to not only get the info from lex's party,  to him getting the kryptonite from a glass box, it seems pretty obvious, lex made no effort to protect these assets

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think Lex didnt fully expect batman to win, hence why he requested batman's head from superman, but gave him (batman) the means to pull off the upset which is good either way as it's one less threat. Doomsday was the next plan after superman killed batman to kill sueprman,  cuz he says something dumb like   "  Ancient Kryptonian deformity! Blood of my blood! Born to destroy you... your doomsday. " and probably thought he had some kind of control over it, or was just that obsessed with killing superman, nothing else mattered

I imagine we will find out in JLA that Lex was possessed by Darseid who was using him to eliminate Superman so Earth was easier to take.  But Snyder's over-arching failing was writing a film for the future rather than for the now.  He clearly wanted to beat Captain America vs Iron Man and wanted to catch up DC to Marvel.  And that was a mistake.  If there is ever franchise fatigue with superhero films or Marvel specifically, the last thing DC should want is to be doing the same kind of films at the same time.  They should have been more thoughtful and started off slower.  By the time they get to JLA, a lot of Marvel fans might be missing the "simpler" times of bringing the heroes together.

As it is, BvS will be compared to Captain America and I bet unfavorably so.  JLA will be compared to Avengers and very likely unfavorably so.

The thing isn't really the fact that Lex allowed them to get the information.  The question we have to ask is, why didn't Bruce ask the question "who leaves their data cables hanging outside the server room for anyone to connect into.  If Bruce is so smart he should have seen through this.  Bruce is supposed to be a detective, not a moron.

12 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

The thing isn't really the fact that Lex allowed them to get the information.  The question we have to ask is, why didn't Bruce ask the question "who leaves their data cables hanging outside the server room for anyone to connect into.  If Bruce is so smart he should have seen through this.  Bruce is supposed to be a detective, not a moron.

Didnt do much detecting did he? 

Snyder explaining the Flash scene:

"This was kind of the opposite [of Breaking Bad] because we had the script and it wasn’t in the script. As we started then we worked on our script, I think we were in the middle of shooting and we started working on the outline for the next movie and where they go, and Zack [Snyder] said, ‘Oh my God let’s add this moment that is gonna pay off down the road, and we’ll find out more information.’” Read more at: https://tr.im/2FjFW

Now it makes sense as to why the scene DIDN'T WORK!  Ugh
Edited by The Unknown Poster

18 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

thats a good point. But Lex isnt a fool either, he set it up to give the appearance he was trying to hide the info with military grade encryption, and even the kryptonite being handled by armed thugs.  When he approaches the senator his plan is to weaponize kryptonite, but is met with resistance. you would think once he got that big rock, he'd immediately go and start forging weapons,  but he doesn't even look that thrilled it reached him to begin with.  plus he was kinda manipulating bruce wayne with subtle things like "you let your family die" news clippings, which probably let batman's emotions get the better of him.  Even when superman comes to him (batman) and is like Bruce, we need to work together...ect batman was in rage mode.

there was also the scene where Lex says to Bruce, we should work together sometime,  my R&D department is always up to no good. that with the invite, and the news clipping gives me the impression Lex knew who batman was all along

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Snyder explaining the Flash scene:

"This was kind of the opposite [of Breaking Bad] because we had the script and it wasn’t in the script. As we started then we worked on our script, I think we were in the middle of shooting and we started working on the outline for the next movie and where they go, and Zack [Snyder] said, ‘Oh my God let’s add this moment that is gonna pay off down the road, and we’ll find out more information.’” Read more at: https://tr.im/2FjFW

Now it makes sense as to why the scene DIDN'T WORK!  Ugh

if they had let Wonder Woman foresee darkseid and his invasion, and had her try to bring B & S together, but it wasnt working,  or they only put their differences aside to vanquish Doomsday, but then picked up where they left off... if it was a need for them to have the flash heed a warning, it should have come at the end, with the flash coming back in time to convince them why it's important they band together, and validates Wonder Woman's case that the threat is real. but that seems like too much to add to an already too long movie

I dont have an issue with the idea of Flash coming through time.  That's one of his powers and I think i recall reading they want to really make Flash a big deal.  It just didnt serve this story.  Maybe it serves the next one.  But it didnt serve this one.  Im all for world building and foreshadowing but there's a way to do it that doesnt confuse the audience or seem mis-placed.

Yeah.  Like if you take IM's post credit scene where Nick Fury states "I'd like to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative".  And people who don't know would be like "what's the Avengers?" and a person who knew would just say "super hero team" and they'd be like, "oh ok cool".

With this one it's like "AAAHHH LOIS IS THE KEY.  YOU WERE RIGHT NOT TO TRUST HIM.  I CAME AT THE WRONG TIME".  And regular people be like "WTF was that all about" and people in the know would say "Well...that was Flash...I think, he can time travel back in time if he runs really really fast...even though that looked more like a dream...and I'm not sure what they mean by Lois is the key or who not to trust..." and they'd be like, "....uh....ok....".

It just seems really really odd that Snyder has had to come out and publicly explain his movie to the masses so that they would get it.  I wish the dude would stop with the complex stories when he doesn't even do stories very well to begin with.  Stick to the simple stuff man, then build from there.  Stop trying to mash 5 or 6 different story lines into one movie.

Edited by Logan007

simplistic is good for non-hardcores, but I could follow the story fairly easy, just certain aspects didn't add up for me,  like Batman's premonition and superman flying with the krypto-spear at the end.

another way they can maybe explain the premonition is if they write in the Martian Manhunter into the Justice League movie (which he should have been anyways) and what we see in Bruce's dream was a mix of what happened on Mars, to what's headed to Earth created by J'onn J'onzz's telepathic ability. perhaps that scene with the flash would have been better served with this direction

another thing worth noting, is Lois Lane is superman's love, and even tho Martha Kent was the one used as a hostage to persuade Superman into fighting Batman (even if he didnt want to),  Bruce Wayne makes a statement to alfred at one point;

" That son of a ***** brought the war to us. Count the dead, there’s thousands of people. What’s next, billions? He has the power to wipe out the entire human race and if we believe that there’s even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty, and we have to destroy him.

If someone in the future were to do the same thing but with Lois, and turn Superman on the Justice League that could reference Bruce being right and Lois is the key

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

simplistic is good for non-hardcores, but I could follow the story fairly easy, just certain aspects didn't add up for me,  like Batman's premonition and superman flying with the krypto-spear at the end.

another way they can maybe explain the premonition is if they write in the Martian Manhunter into the Justice League movie (which he should have been anyways) and what we see in Bruce's dream was a mix of what happened on Mars, to what's headed to Earth created by J'onn J'onzz's telepathic ability. perhaps that scene with the flash would have been better served with this direction

It's not the complex story that I have a problem with, it's the fact that Snyder is trying to tell it, which ends up coming across as stupid and filled with plot holes.  Such as the points your making.  Not to mention that he's rushing everything so that he can get Darkseid into the mix right away.

Your point is exactly why he should have introduced J'onn J'onzz into the mix.  He would have been perfect to have been having these visions.  Or, if they do explain it as him sending images to Batman, I can accept that as well.  I'm so saddened by how they're doing these movies.  They could have been done so much better.  I feel robbed.

Just now, iso_55 said:

Lex Luthor, nerdish, Jewish &  a man with hair? Who knew?

The only potential "out" is that Lex mentioned his father.  If they bring his father back into it, perhaps thats the more traditional image of Luthor.  But I can understand why they wanted to try something different, but it was just so bad.

Cavill is an average actor.  Affleck is decent.  But Luthor...man, they should have cast a GREAT actor with serious heaviness to him.  Someone who could carry the franchise as someone we believe is intellectually able to take on our heroes.  I sense none of that from this Lex.  That female assistant of his could have beat him up.

The issue I have with Eisenberg is he's a kid in a nerdy teens body compared to Superman and Batman. The thing about Lex is he believes he is the Alpha human both in mind and body, so he should at the very least be about on par with Bruce Wayne.  when they get together at Lex's he's completely dwarfed and just looks tacky.  again thats why i'd pick ol billy boy

Billy-Zane.jpg