Game 50 : Dancing with the Stars @ Jets

56 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I am anxious to watch how Ehlers, Scheifele and Wheeler play today. A great line.

Oh yes, the Scheehlers line..

**Glad to see they got the token 'Buff penalty' out of the way early...

Edited by Mr Dee
Late entry..

Stafford might have scored but he had about 10 giveaways. Did Ladd play? Invisible again. This team just isn't good enough and the coaching is questionable at times. Ladd Lowry Burmi probably had more ice time than ESW. 4th line out with Stu and Chiarot in a 1 goal game. Just brutal. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Stafford tho caused about 5 or 10 scoring chances against us 2 tho, he's trying to be 2 cute at times. It's costing us goals. He is what he is tho. Should get 20 goals or so and that's what Stafford is. He's really not good in his own zone tho at all. 

Stafford is a perfect example of what some people are criticizing the Jets for not doing more of.  I like Stafford, but I wouldnt want four other Stafford's at the expense of our young ELC players.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Stafford is a perfect example of what some people are criticizing the Jets for not doing more of.  I like Stafford, but I wouldnt want four other Stafford's at the expense of our young ELC players.

Stafford is a stop gap, I'd bet if Frolik was willing to sign a 2 year deal like Stafford he would be here too, he's just here filling a spot until someone else is ready to take it. 

Stafford is ok, but he is what he is, I'd actually rate him pretty decently in the O zone but really poor in the D zone, yeah he scores goals but plays he makes leads directly or indirectly to goals against us also. He's a vet also so he's not gonna get any better. I guess maybe, people prefer the devil they know to the devils they don't know? I don't know lol. 

But the thing with the ELC guys, they are gonna get better and better and better and better, Stafford, he is what he is and that's what he will always be now. 

I think the Jets trade him at deadline next season and i think they probably get at best a 2nd round pick back. 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Stafford is a stop gap, I'd bet if Frolik was willing to sign a 2 year deal like Stafford he would be here too, he's just here filling a spot until someone else is ready to take it. 

Stafford is ok, but he is what he is, I'd actually rate him pretty decently in the O zone but really poor in the D zone, yeah he scores goals but plays he makes leads directly or indirectly to goals against us also. He's a vet also so he's not gonna get any better. I guess maybe, people prefer the devil they know to the devils they don't know? I don't know lol. 

But the thing with the ELC guys, they are gonna get better and better and better and better, Stafford, he is what he is and that's what he will always be now. 

I think the Jets trade him at deadline next season and i think they probably get at best a 2nd round pick back. 

I agree and its a smart idea.  If the Jets are looking good, then they keep him for our own playoff push.  But all things being equal, why not flip him?  Someone will pay decent for a proven scorer with an expiring contract.