Gary Battmen Signs 7 Year Extension

Seems a bit counter intuitive to me that the NHL has all this influence on minor things when Sportsnet was writing the big cheque.  If anything, Sportsnet should have the stroke.  But ofcourse this article only played to one perspective and that was Ron essentially positioning himself as the champion of the little guy.  Rogers denied it.  Bettman wouldnt even discuss it.

However, if Bettman did make his opinion known, Im not sure I'd blame him.  He'd see HNIC as media for the league and want to showcase a positive image at all times.

Also, there is the possibility that someone thinks they were doing what Bettman would want without bothering to ask him.

At least everyone can surely agree the diminished stature of Ron worked against them.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I think Sportsnet just really thought young Canadians would relate to fitted suits and pointy shoes.

I can't speak for young Canadians, but I can tell you that if people like those off-colour Pee Wee Herman fitting suits, then HNIC may be in trouble. Maybe if they gave gorgeous George more time, he wouldn't have to just squeeze himself into his younger brother's suits..

To me, he looks ridiculous. Credibility iced.

On Friday night, I enjoyed seeing Gary down in Nashville.... being presented with a geetar... by Amy Grant, (I think) in ...... she asked him if he knew how to hold it.

#City slicker.

To me, he looks ridiculous. Credibility iced.

comeon man, don't you like the way George saunters around, and waves his hands around, and points at the other people on the panel, CBC style? They love that style at the CBC. it's so cool. :lol:

Edited by Mark F

MacLean could get annoying as he did use tv as a his own personal pulpit at times but he knew the game. Strombo knows music.  That's where he should be & nowhere near hockey.  If they won't bring MacLean back then make Elliott Freedman the host & fire Strombo. Bring in another analyst to take Friedman's place.