David Bowie has died

Jacquie

The official Facebook page for David Bowie posted the following:

January 10 2016 - David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief.

A truly amazing talent has left us. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Lemmy and Bowie. And this **** always comes in threes, who's next?

The amazing thing about Bowie's death is that I'm not seeing any haters yapping online. Seems like everyone loved Bowie. His passing made news even on the metal websites I frequent, and all the metalheads were as bummed out as everyone else.

Edited by johnzo

On 1/12/2016 at 8:31 PM, johnzo said:

The amazing thing about Bowie's death is that I'm not seeing any haters yapping online. Seems like everyone loved Bowie. His passing made news even on the metal websites I frequent, and all the metalheads were as bummed out as everyone else.

I know these guys are rock stars but Bowie's death hit me hard. Growing up the one thing he brought to our lives is it didnt matter what kinda music you were into he did it all and could bring people together that may have not had things in common.

From the Christmas show with Bing Crosby to the wild n crazy Ziggy Stardust to the mainstream Bowie.... It is all freaking awesome.

The man that fell to earth has returned to the stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGQo6zpVzt8

On 12/01/2016 at 8:31 PM, johnzo said:

Long past 3 now. In the past week: 

Alan Rickman (Snape from the Harry Potter movies) died earlier today. Donna Douglas (Ellie Mae from Beverly Hillbillies) died a few days ago. Character actors David Margulies (Tony Soprano's lawyer in The Sopranos) and Richard Libertini also died recently. Locally, John Harvard died recently as well.