Why Jets fans have more patience than Bomber Fans

Okay I'm going to be honest, I am a fan of both teams and four years ago, when I was studying with my tutor, back when there was serious talks about the jets coming back here (again, I had kind of made it clear that I wasn't falling for that again) She had asked me, why do I want the jets to come back

I told her it was because I needed something to keep me happy while waiting for the new Bomber season.

well, I have been kind of proven otherwise, now it's more the other way around

but seriously I think the reason that people who watch the Jets have better patience than those who watch the Bombers, is because the Jets have plenty of time to make the playoffs, like 82 games to get into position, 

The bombers on the other hand, don't exactly have time to waste, since they play 18 games a year, that's not alot of time is it?

I mean sure on opening day if they lose, I don't freak out about it because it's only the first game of the season, but if they lose three straight (and it's the beginning of the season, well fans would have every reason to be frustrated, because one bad streak can destroy a seasons worth of work, and swaggerville kind of proved that. and so has last season

so fingers crossed. 

I assumed the reason why Jets fans seem to be patient is because the Jets have an extremely long shot of ever winning the cup having to compete against bigger markets with more money.   Meanwhile the Blue are on equal grounds when it comes to salaries and have such better odds of being able to win the cup.  

I think it's as simple as the Jets have been around for only 4 years. People can talk about the OLD JETS all they want but... the fact is this isn't the OLD JETS. Those guys are in Arizona maybe going elsewhere lol, who knows. But... the JETS are still new to WINNIPEG. In a lot of peoples minds, the NHL is big leagues, it is actually, the CFL while big in Canada, not as big of a deal as the USA but growing i suppose but still.. Canadian Football League, National Hockey League... part of the lure of the NHL to begin with is it's actually pro sports, and even tho i consider the BOMBERS to be pro sports and the CFL in general to be just that, I'm guessing maybe some don't. Maybe some see the CFL like they see the AHL.. it's not the big leagues really, even tho here in Canada, it is. I think those are some of the reasons why the JETS get more Patience with people.

Let me clarify tho, Bomber fans are also very patient, Regardless we draw big crowds, our season tix numbers are good, we support the bombers too. It's been 20 ++ years without a cup, I'm old enough too but i don't really remember the last time the bombers won the CUP. I don't recall the celebration cuz maybe i was a little too young lol.

25 years since the team last won the cup

also it has kind of been proven that the CFL has been of an alternate ground for NFLers who have been shut out. I'm surprised some people have forgotten that infamous period when the CFL was in the economic black hole and we had some US teams here (with one of them winning the grey cup).

Yet I am old enough to remember the last time Winnipeg hosted the grey cup (good thing Nelly Furtado had a good coat on). There's a celebration regardless whether or not the Bombers make it to the grey cup in a host year. It would be nice to see the hometown advantage happen here

The last time they won, I was only a year old