The Jets are dead. Long LIVE the Bombers!

BigBlue

"The Jets are everyone's second favourite team".

When they first came back in 2011, and people in AB were asking me about it, that was the line I used a lot. That's what I remember most from growing up in the 80s/90s...

likewise, chicago was my team when belfour was guarding the net, but id still get dressed up for whiteouts even tho it was a given we werent gonna get past the oilers, or canucks, or red wings. but it was more then just about the jets.

I took my 10 year old to nickleback/pretty wreckless about 2 month ago, the loudest roar from the crowd came when nickleback got 1000s to sing hotel california, summer of 69 and dont stop believing. I have to admit, the crowd was loud, sung word for word n it was understandable. much like there is nothing that compares to how loud and in unison the true north is.

the difference I see, is we cant help the love on for the jets that panels have or will give them, or the dumb question sara orlesky asks everyteam such as their opinion of the crowd. but talk to riderfans n jets fans, night n day

this year in particular we had a winning team, made the playoffs n the rebirth of the winnipeg whiteout occured. I think the hooplah was justified. now once we keep making the playoffs the city while still excited wont be as night before christmas giddy cuz its not as new (or anticipated)