Ticats looking to trade CDN DT's?

gbill2004

Evan gill for our 15!

When we can likely get Gill for free as a free agent next offseason?
Next offseason?

He won't likely be a free agent next offseason. Especially with 5 of their Canadian defensive tackles looking at free agency after this season.

Didn't he say he'd like to play for the Bombers prior to being drafted? If he wants to, he just doesn't re-sign with the Ticats and then he's a free agent Feb 2016.
Gill hasn't even signed his first deal yet and is not allowed to sign a one year deal under the terms of the CBA so he's Hamilton property unless they decide otherwise until 2017 at the earliest.
Oh really? Did he not sign a 2 year deal with the Ticats when he was drafted?

Opted to go back to school instead and didn't sign a deal prior to going back because he wanted the option to pursue the NFL this offseason.

Interesting. Didn't know that he hadn't signed yet with the Ticats.

I'd trade 11 and 15 for Gaydosh if that got it done.  Then I'd give him a nice extension offer.  The only risk is his injury history which indicates his body might be breaking down.  Otherwise he's Doug Brown-esque in his talent.

If he has Doug Brownish talent, why isn't he starting for the Ti-Cats?

He was taking pretty regular snaps by the end of the season.  Just returned to Canada at Labour Day from the NFL (a little heavy) and back surgery.  They also have guys like Laurent and Bulcke, who he replaced.

I don't think the Ticats would trade Gaydosh anyway.