Brown: final indictment of Etch's D

IC Khari

In all honesty I believe the ineptitude of the offence is what finally did Etch in.  If they could have moved the ball marginally well in the second half of the season Etch's poor scheme may not have been exposed as badly as it was. 

When you don't practice Inside Run once during the season there's no excuse. Unbelievable. I knew Etch was bad but I had no idea truly how bad he was. Thing is, where was MOS all this time? is he so blind he couldn't see what was/wasn't going on in practice?? How could he let that kind of thing happen??

In all honesty I believe the ineptitude of the offence is what finally did Etch in.  If they could have moved the ball marginally well in the second half of the season Etch's poor scheme may not have been exposed as badly as it was. 

Would it have been better if we had limped into the playoffs with this defence which had no clue on how to stop an inside running game and then got humiliated in a semi-final game? We did not belong in the playoffs and if somehow we had made it, we probably would have had Etch and his defence for another year, and by then everybody would know how to bone us, which would mean butt-kickings from day one.