Redblacks @ TiCats

USABomberfan

Desjardins got the job yes because he is bilingual and because Dan Rambo was in tight with Hunt in Ottawa and Desjardins had given Rambo a job when he was GM in Hamilton. The even scarier part was Rambo had told Hunt that Mack would have been an excellent choice as a GM in Ottawa. Right after that ridiculous rumour circulated the idiots on the BoD extended Mack's deal in Winnipeg. History does repeat itself especially in bonehead hires in the CFL

Watched the game today... Burris was awful on all second downs... The guy is terrified to push the ball and did the Burke special of dumping the ball short on 2nd and long.

I was also shocked to see how low our sack tally is... We were at the top in the first half of the season and now we are at the bottom.

How the hell did Ottawa thump us...they are brutal. How bad are we??

Watched the game today... Burris was awful on all second downs... The guy is terrified to push the ball and did the Burke special of dumping the ball short on 2nd and long.

I was also shocked to see how low our sack tally is... We were at the top in the first half of the season and now we are at the bottom.

How the hell did Ottawa thump us...they are brutal. How bad are we??

You don't really want to know the answer to that, do you?

U can dump all over Campbell but at last reports he recently beat Mike O'Shame

Seems to me that NorthCarolinaBomberfan/USABomberfan believes that Campbell is an idiot and the worst CFL coach in history solely due to him not giving Elliott the starting job in Ottawa.

Project_Legacy, on 19 Oct 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

DR. CFL, on 17 Oct 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

U can dump all over Campbell but at last reports he recently beat Mike O'Shame

Seems to me that NorthCarolinaBomberfan/USABomberfan believes that Campbell is an idiot and the worst CFL coach in history solely due to him not giving Elliott the starting job in Ottawa.

You want to know why I'm dumping on Rick Campbell?  Watch the replay of that Ottawa Hamilton game last night and look at the way he is managing the game.  How does that not remind you of Tim Burke?  I mean, as shoddy as his D has been throughout the year, they've had a few games where he should've had plenty in his tank to rally that O for a win or where there were situations he could've seized on to win.

You can argue all day about the Redblacks talent or lack thereof, but they should be better than 2-13.  A winning record team?  No, but not as bad as this, and what I've seen come out of that team is a terrible reflection on Campbell.  Like I've said before, I'm against having Burris at this stage in his career be their starter, but this head coach is really causing a stink to come up from the capital.  Everyone can see it, and him being aloof is a bad thing for a new team.

The Hank watch is temporarily postponed, but if he keeps going to the sideline like I've seen him do, I'm gonna bag on Rick Campbell for putting Danny O'Brien in.  That is a dumb move by a dumb man (Campbell).

Why is Campbell dumb if he were to put in O'Brien.

Again sounds to me as though you only bag on Campbell because he doesn't play Elliott.

A bunch of your posts on other threads, call for Burris to be sat and play Elliott.

Campbell is in way over his head. I think MOS is as well here. Both guys have to do great jobs with the players they have in order to win & it's not easy. I think MOS has the harder job of the 2. The fan base in Winnipeg is more jaded, there is much more skepticism, apathy has taken hold, the media more surly & non believing. And the culture of losing with the Bombers is something that needs to be purged. It's going to take more time to turn it around & hopefully MOS at least will find success. Campbell? Seems like a nice guy but I personally don't care if he fails or not. All I know is he convinced 3 Stamps assistant coaches to go to Ottawa with them & what a mistake that was for them. Hope they like losing as they gave up a great gig in Calgary to go to Ottawa.

Campbell is in way over his head. I think MOS is as well here. Both guys have to do great jobs with the players they have in order to win & it's not easy. I think MOS has the harder job of the 2. The fan base in Winnipeg is more jaded, there is much more skepticism, apathy has taken hold, the media more surly & non believing. And the culture of losing with the Bombers is something that needs to be purged. It's going to take more time to turn it around & hopefully MOS at least will find success. Campbell? Seems like a nice guy but I personally don't care if he fails or not. All I know is he convinced 3 Stamps assistant coaches to go to Ottawa with them & what a mistake that was for them. Hope they like losing as they gave up a great gig in Calgary to go to Ottawa.

Campbell doesn't have the horses, so IMO I don't think he's in WAY over his head.

Ottawa's defence is keeping them competitive and in games, Maher on special teams is extremely inconsistent which has limited points.

The offense flat out sucks, but IMO that's not on Campbell nor even Gibson, the receivers have dropped a lot of passes yes, but Burris can't throw anymore, more than 50% of his throws are now under or overthrows, it's actually embarrassing to watch.