Cyclist killed in collision while en-route to game on Monday

Yes on the new construction it is the time to add bike lanes but I was driving Downtown on McDermot (?) and I looked and realised there was a bike lane painted in.  There is no way two vehicles and a bike could go three wide if the bike was in the middle or to the left of the lane.

And yes again, who cares about bikes on the sidewalk  over bridges as long as they are not coming up fast behind people walking, once again common sense.  If you want to ticket stand at any red light Downtown and catch everyone on a bike creeping up on a red passing cars along the curb.

Bet you catch 99.9%  I have yet to see a person wait their turn at the back of the line.   And hand signals, yes from people on motorcycles not from people on bikes, if it is the law nobody does that either.

I think it's even less about cyclists not following the rules of the road so much as they are aggressive when they have right of way not taking into consideration that they are so much more vulnerable than a car. Doesn't much matter who had right of way if you get hit by a car, the guy on the bike is going to take the worst of it. Need to be more cautious just because on a bike you have more ability to stop and change direction. It's like anything else you do in traffic, pay attention and use your head and you are more likely to avoid problems