Blue Thoughts With Bomberninja

Well, after years of reading other forums, trying to join other forums, and never being able to sign into other forums (was I being discriminated against because I'm ginger? Yes, I believe so ;) ) I finally get to make my first post! I want to post my thoughts on games throughout the year, but I also don't want to take away from other people's game recap posts. I love reading Do or Die's Odds & Sods!

I want to give my thoughts on the good and bad and suggestions and then get other people's views as well. I don't proclaim to know everything, so if you don't agree with something I say, tell me why.

So here goes...

Unfortunately I did not spend much time watching the game last night, so most of my post will be on my first impressions of IGF, but with some thoughts on the game in there as well.

Hits:

IG Field is AMAZING! I loved my seats, in the upper deck. Great views of the field. We are slightly higher in the upper deck than we were in Section S at CanadInns, but we are most definitely closer to the field. There was a bit of obstruction in a raised metal railing at the bottom of the stairs, but moving your head will solve any problem with that. I can see people having complaints about the plexiglass, as it would distort your view, but the railings are definitely needed as when I was walking up for the first time, I saw someone almost fall over carrying a drink. If the railing wasn't so high, he would have tumbled right over!

The walk up to the stadium was very nice... I love the giant gate signs at each gate! Plus they provide a good reference point for meeting up with people before or after the game at a stadium that I am unfamiliar with.

The video screens are clear and large. I found myself watching more of the game on them than the field. Although that will change come the regular season.

It was great catching up with people in the section that we sat with at CanadInns. Although there were a few problems with getting tickets together, it worked out quite well!

Took a walk around the whole stadium. Very nice. Great atmosphere! As with any stadium, the concourses were a bit crowded at times. But what can you do about that? I think I've been to one stadium/arena in my life that I didn't find the concourses crowded and lineups at the concessions.

As for the game itself, I missed the first half (see Misses), so can't say anything about that. In the second half, I thought Goltz didn't look horrible at times, but never looked great. Held on to the ball a little long at times. The missed field goal return was great, but I was in the concourse getting beer at the time. Fortunately, the big screen tvs worked like a charm and I didn't miss it completely! Cameron's fg were the only points I saw. Good on him! I also liked what I saw out of Etienne. A couple of nice catches!

Misses:

The traffic. Yup, I know, some people had fine experiences, and some didn't. Mine was awful. Took 2 and a half hours to get to the stadium. Went down the Perimeter only to get stuck in traffic because of the accident. Had to turn down St. Mary's to pick up a friend. Went to Bishop for the rest of the way. Spent an hour trying to turn onto Chancellor Matheson from Pembina. I know it won't always be like that, and I know part of it was my own fault for picking the wrong ways to go. But nobody should ever spend 2 and a half hours in traffic! So we didn't get to the game until 2 minutes left in the first half and I didn't get to my seats until half-time. Leaving was much better, but to cut down on the time, I had to escape the traffic and go down Kings Drive. The only slowdown after that was construction on Pembina at the Perimeter, but getting home was reasonable. I'm happy that the home opener is an 8pm start, so there will be more time to get there. But I do hope they make some changes to help ease the traffic flow.

Prices at the stadium. Expected increases in prices. I was pleasantly surprised that I could get a beer for $7. I don't drink much so spending $20 in a game is fine with me. The food prices were out of my price range. $9 for a mini pizza? No thanks. $10 for a specialty sausage? Don't think so. I didn't see much else so I can't comment on it, and I may find something I enjoy for a reasonable price, but just not last night.

The Bombers defense. Chase Clement. Neither were impressive. Am I worried? Not really. It's still only the first preseason game. Ask me again 3 or 4 games into the season and if it's the same, then I'll start to get worried.

Overall, it was a nice (albeit too short) night at the stadium. Some things to improve upon, but I am sure (or at least hope) that things will get better on the misses side. Can't wait for the home opener on the 27th!!

Well, after years of reading other forums, trying to join other forums, and never being able to sign into other forums (was I being discriminated against because I'm ginger? Yes, I believe so ;) ) I finally get to make my first post! I want to post my thoughts on games throughout the year, but I also don't want to take away from other people's game recap posts. I love reading Do or Die's Odds & Sods!

I want to give my thoughts on the good and bad and suggestions and then get other people's views as well. I don't proclaim to know everything, so if you don't agree with something I say, tell me why.

So here goes...

Unfortunately I did not spend much time watching the game last night, so most of my post will be on my first impressions of IGF, but with some thoughts on the game in there as well.

Hits:

IG Field is AMAZING! I loved my seats, in the upper deck. Great views of the field. We are slightly higher in the upper deck than we were in Section S at CanadInns, but we are most definitely closer to the field. There was a bit of obstruction in a raised metal railing at the bottom of the stairs, but moving your head will solve any problem with that. I can see people having complaints about the plexiglass, as it would distort your view, but the railings are definitely needed as when I was walking up for the first time, I saw someone almost fall over carrying a drink. If the railing wasn't so high, he would have tumbled right over!

The walk up to the stadium was very nice... I love the giant gate signs at each gate! Plus they provide a good reference point for meeting up with people before or after the game at a stadium that I am unfamiliar with.

The video screens are clear and large. I found myself watching more of the game on them than the field. Although that will change come the regular season.

It was great catching up with people in the section that we sat with at CanadInns. Although there were a few problems with getting tickets together, it worked out quite well!

Took a walk around the whole stadium. Very nice. Great atmosphere! As with any stadium, the concourses were a bit crowded at times. But what can you do about that? I think I've been to one stadium/arena in my life that I didn't find the concourses crowded and lineups at the concessions.

As for the game itself, I missed the first half (see Misses), so can't say anything about that. In the second half, I thought Goltz didn't look horrible at times, but never looked great. Held on to the ball a little long at times. The missed field goal return was great, but I was in the concourse getting beer at the time. Fortunately, the big screen tvs worked like a charm and I didn't miss it completely! Cameron's fg were the only points I saw. Good on him! I also liked what I saw out of Etienne. A couple of nice catches!

Misses:

The traffic. Yup, I know, some people had fine experiences, and some didn't. Mine was awful. Took 2 and a half hours to get to the stadium. Went down the Perimeter only to get stuck in traffic because of the accident. Had to turn down St. Mary's to pick up a friend. Went to Bishop for the rest of the way. Spent an hour trying to turn onto Chancellor Matheson from Pembina. I know it won't always be like that, and I know part of it was my own fault for picking the wrong ways to go. But nobody should ever spend 2 and a half hours in traffic! So we didn't get to the game until 2 minutes left in the first half and I didn't get to my seats until half-time. Leaving was much better, but to cut down on the time, I had to escape the traffic and go down Kings Drive. The only slowdown after that was construction on Pembina at the Perimeter, but getting home was reasonable. I'm happy that the home opener is an 8pm start, so there will be more time to get there. But I do hope they make some changes to help ease the traffic flow.

Prices at the stadium. Expected increases in prices. I was pleasantly surprised that I could get a beer for $7. I don't drink much so spending $20 in a game is fine with me. The food prices were out of my price range. $9 for a mini pizza? No thanks. $10 for a specialty sausage? Don't think so. I didn't see much else so I can't comment on it, and I may find something I enjoy for a reasonable price, but just not last night.

The Bombers defense. Chase Clement. Neither were impressive. Am I worried? Not really. It's still only the first preseason game. Ask me again 3 or 4 games into the season and if it's the same, then I'll start to get worried.

Overall, it was a nice (albeit too short) night at the stadium. Some things to improve upon, but I am sure (or at least hope) that things will get better on the misses side. Can't wait for the home opener on the 27th!!

nice report.  well put together, enjoyed reading it.  For that, I can make an exception that your a ginger and have no soul :)

just joking and welcome to the board and to posting.. that wasn't so bad, was it :D

nice report.  well put together, enjoyed reading it.  For that, I can make an exception that your a ginger and have no soul :)

just joking and welcome to the board and to posting.. that wasn't so bad, was it :D

A ginger?  Then you should be BomberGinjaNinja!   :ph34r:   

And yes, that's just an example of the dignified and highbrow conversation you can expect around here.  Welcome aboard the board my friend.