game thread grey cup

Mark F

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

All of the city-builders responsible for so much in Calgary are dead.  And no one seems to be stepping up to take their place.  Clay Riddell was the last one.  And you are right about Nenshi, when I saw Nenshi holding the Cup over his head in a Stamps sweater at the 2014 Grey Cup for his photo op I shouted "Be a real fan and build your city a new stadium!!!!"

Nenshi thought he was at a Flames rally. He kept looking over his shoulder for Ken King, the Flames President who hates our Mayor's guts. Nenshi thought the Stamps colours were purple. 

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎29 at 4:08 PM, Noeller said:

I've learned that Calgary are a bunch of whiners. They want some mythical oil tycoon to come along and build everything for them. Sometimes you've gotta band together and make it happen. Voting no to the Olys, which could have provided funding for facility builds was beyond asinine.

There are no more oil tycoons. Justin & Gerald took care of them & they're all dead now. There was no buildings to fund. They weren't going to build an arena or stadium for the Olympics. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There are no more oil tycoons. Justin & Gerald took care of them & they're all dead now. There was no buildings to fund. They weren't going to build an arena or stadium for the Olympics. 

Justin took care of the oil tycoons? Wow.