2018 Young Stars Classic

Well its that time of the year...the Young Stars Classic in B.C. and once again the young Jets are off to a bad start with an 8-2 loss to the baby Canucks.

Michael Spacek and Jansen Harkins scored for the baby Jets.

So much for Berdin my wild card training camp pick who gave up 4g in 10 minutes.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Berdin wall sounds pretty porous...

Wasn't able to make it to the tournament this year as am in Europe right now but would have been interested in seeing Vesalainen in action. 

That said I've seen Ehlers, Roslo, and Connor at these tournaments and they didn't exactly light it up either. 

Only 2 games this year as Cowtown and Oilville declined to show up.

Today Young Canucks beat the Young Jets 6-4.

Jimmy Huntington, Krystof Hrabik, Alexis D'Aoust and C.J. Suess scored for the Young Jets.

Berdin was in goal the entire game giving up 4. Might have to rethink my backup to Helle :)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Lighting up the Young Stars just means that you're prospects are developing slowly and your NHL team sucks...  

Man the Jets D prospects look big and slow...  Cederholm and Gawanke shouldn't even make the Moose

Stanley needs to work harder in the corners...  not bad though

Berdin needs some training - his positioning is awful, plays like Hasek... but only Hasek can do that

Would be nice to see Spacek get a shot at the Jets as first or second injury call up

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

This year was the worst considering that Calgary and Edmonton didn't send a squad, maybe time for the Jets to latch on with some other teams to have a tourney with.

Vegas hosted a big tourney this year.

Not sure what the future holds. I was surprised to learn that Calgary and Edmonton went there own way a mini-tourney in Red Deer.

Four teams, three games, seems ideal.