My Son Getting Married Today

SpeedFlex27

Okay, so my son is getting married later today. We're in Portland, Oregon & we  just had a post wedding rehearsal party for our family & friends in our hotel room which has really turned into a hospitality room for everyone. I usually don't have a lot to drink anymore but I've had a few pops tonight.  I'm not the partier I used to be but this evening I decided to let my hair down & just enjoy everything as a Dad. It was wonderful spending time with family & friends so far & I'm feeling pretty good right now.. LOL.

My son & his fiancée met at Junior College in California in 2011 & have been together in a long distance relationship while both have lived all over North America ever since.  He was an NCAA D2 qb & she was an All American softball pitcher They were able to make it work while both have lived apart in South Carolina, Pittsburgh, Northern California, Calgary, Seattle, Victoria & Kelowna. Now, the are finally together & will be living in the Seattle area. My son will be coaching qbs privately while doing stone masonry work (when he is able to work) while his wife works in the sports industry as a marketing rep for a large American sporting goods company. So proud of both of them & ecstatic they have finally tied the knot after 7 years. As I've embided tonight I promise to be on my best behaviour. Life is pretty damned good right now. :)

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, so my son is getting married later today. We're in Portland, Oregon & we  just had a post wedding rehearsal party for our family & friends in our hotel room which has really turned into a hospitality room for everyone. I usually don't have a lot to drink anymore but I've had a few pops tonight.  I'm not the partier I used to be but this evening I decided to let my hair down & just enjoy everything as a Dad. It was wonderful spending time with family & friends so far & I'm feeling pretty good right now.. LOL.

My son & his fiancée met at Junior College in California in 2011 & have been together in a long distance relationship while both have lived all over North America ever since.  He was an NCAA D2 qb & she was an All American softball pitcher They were able to make it work while both have lived apart in South Carolina, Pittsburgh, Northern California, Calgary, Seattle, Victoria & Kelowna. Now, the are finally together & will be living in the Seattle area. My son will be coaching qbs privately while doing stone masonry work (when he is able to work) while his wife works in the sports industry as a marketing rep for a large American sporting goods company. So proud of both of them & ecstatic they have finally tied the knot after 7 years. As I've embided tonight I promise to be on my best behaviour. Life is pretty damned good right now. :)

Congrats!! 

Ive been to two destinations weddings (not Portland though) and it’s always a lot of fun to enjoy several days with a group of people experiencing a wonderful occasion. 

Enjoy it!!