3 stars / happy honker

wbbfan

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Great job and thanks for making the effort as it was extremely enjoyable - the only thing that stuck out to me was that in your channeling Cactus got every player's name right.  He rarely did that.  In fact, he probably would have called Milt "Mike" a few times.  But that was one of the reasons why we loved him.

Remember that he would have had an extra 2.5 hours of pre-game drinking, and it kind of operates like Barney from "How I Met Your Mother" where there more he drinks, he more he evolves. Barney would go from happy to lush to "Jabba the Hutt-speak" to "Truth Barney" where he would be so drunk he'd actually act more sober. So Cactus would become more coherent with more time to drink. And I purposely just write "Roberts" for the INT rather than the full name, because Cactus would take that shortcut rather than butcher the name sometimes.He Had many quirks, got to roll them out piece by piece rather than doing the same schtick every week - this week was "hyperbole" Cactus. But thanks all for reading.

I don't know how he did it after losses though, I had little motivation to do it after the Edmonton and Calgary losses. Which reminds me, kudos to Do or Die for his Odds and Sods, win or loss. 

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Great job and thanks for making the effort as it was extremely enjoyable - the only thing that stuck out to me was that in your channeling Cactus got every player's name right.  He rarely did that.  In fact, he probably would have called Milt "Mike" a few times.  But that was one of the reasons why we loved him.

There used to be a linebacker for the Argos named Sam Cvijanovich. Jack Wells could never pronounce his last name (See-yan-o-vitch) so he did what jack Wells did, he changed his name to Alphabet & called him Sam Alphabet on the CJOB radio broadcasts & the nickname stuck. He became Sam Alphabet.