Moose goon jailed

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/manitoba-moose/manitoba-moose-tasered-jailed-after-disney-world-fracas-383991631.html

Manitoba Moose tough guy Darren Kramer allegedly squared off with a Florida police officer early Tuesday morning at Disney World – and got the worst of it when he was Tasered and jailed.

According to deadspin.com, Kramer, 24, allegedly wrestled an officer from the Orange County Sherriff’s Office sometime after 1 a.m. near the theme park while his friend made off with bowling pins he allegedly stole from a restaurant.

Kramer was arrested and charged with battery of a law enforcement officer, grand theft, and resisting arrest without violence.

A spokesman with the Moose said on Wednesday the organization would not comment on the incident.

Deadspin cited a police report, noting Kramer’s friend, identified only as Corbin, was carrying a large display flag and a few bowling pins. While he eventually returned the flag to wherever he stole it, he would not return the bowling pins that he claimed were given to him for bowling a high score.

It’s alleged Kramer became involved with an officer, who tried to handcuff the hockey player.

"Kramer then violently pulled away from me, as I was maintaining control of the handcuff and his free left arm. Kramer pulled me off my feet and began to run. I was able to maintain control of the handcuff and pull him toward me. Kramer was then able to turn completely toward me and break the control I had of his handcuff," the officer noted in his report. "I then observed Kramer lower his right shoulder and raise his left arm as if he was preparing to strike me with a punch. Due to our close proximity I then reached out to Kramer and grabbed his shirt and attempted to pull him off balance. Kramer stepped forward and lowered his head, hitting me in the chest.

"This caused both of us to fall to the ground where Kramer ended up falling onto me. Kramer was able to stand up which allowed me to get to my feet and again grab his shirt. During this time I was ordering him verbally to stop and to lie on the ground. Kramer continued to fight me and again pulled backward. He was able to break the hold and spin to his right. I then observed Kramer turn his entire body to me and again raise his arm as if to strike me. I drew my department issued ECD Taser and yelled that I would Taze him. Kramer continued to come at me and I deployed the ECD, striking him in the upper right arm."

The native of Peace River, Alta., led the Moose during the 2015-16 AHL season with 138 penalty minutes in 61 games. He also fired seven goals and added five assists.

Two seasons ago, he played for Binghamton, the Ottawa Senators’ AHL club, and led the entire AHL with 284 penalty minutes.