1982 Western Final In Entirety

iso_55

I  came across this game on the Internet. I remember this game for a lot of reasons... Trevor Kennerd with a horrible game kicking cost us the game. Hugh Campbell leaving  for the NFL's Houston Oilers to become their Head Coach. Ray Jauch leaving to become the Head Coach of the Washington Generals of the USFL. Frustrating to watch a superior Blue Bomber team that day lose to the Eskimos again. Still for the older fans here like me who remember this particular Blue Bomber team it's great to see the players again that I used to cheer for when I was a young fan. The core of these guys went on to win the 1984 Grey Cup. Truth be known, this 82 team under Ray Jauch should have been Grey Cup champions. Just not to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA5KwgOhaHg

Gump 66 is a CFL hero.  Here's another 80s gem they've uploaded -- the 1984 home game vs. BC. This is one of the first Bomber games I remember watching as a kid.

You want to see the terrifying Bomber linebackers of the Cal Murphy era in action?  T. Jones, Brown, Fowler, and Frank Robinson were running bulls in this game. BC QB Roy DeWalt, who owned us for most of his career, had zero answers. BC had -2 yards on offense after the first half. And Willard Reaves had a fantastic game, hitting the century mark in the first half. I had forgotten what a load he was. Guy was the complete package: speed, power, and moves.

Edited by johnzo

On 2/4/2016 at 10:34 AM, iso_55 said:

I  came across this game on the Internet. I remember this game for a lot of reasons... Trevor Kennerd with a horrible game kicking cost us the game. Hugh Campbell leaving  for the NFL's Houston Oilers to become their Head Coach. Ray Jauch leaving to become the Head Coach of the Washington Generals of the USFL. Frustrating to watch a superior Blue Bomber team that day lose to the Eskimos again. Still for the older fans here like me who remember this particular Blue Bomber team it's great to see the players again that I used to cheer for when I was a young fan. The core of these guys went on to win the 1984 Grey Cup. Truth be known, this 82 team under Ray Jauch should have been Grey Cup champions. Just not to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA5KwgOhaHg

Speaking of Ray Yauch...

Germany - Marburg Mercenaries - Ray Jauch - 2pic

One of the most well-known figures in Canadian Football League history, Ray Jauch, has signed on as the offensive coordinator of the Marburg Mercenaries in Germany’s top league, the GFL.

Jauch was a two-time coach of the year in the Canadian Football League with the Edmonton Eskimos and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He started his coaching career with Winnipeg in the early 1960s after his playing career was cut short by a torn Achilles tendon playing running back for the team.

He went on to take his teams to three Grey Cup appearances, winning one in 1975 with the Eskimos. He also served as head coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1994 and 1995. His other stops have included the Chicago Bruisers of the Arena Football League where he coached together with Sean Payton (current head coach of the New Orleans Saints), the Toronto Argonauts, Saint Ambrose University, Washington Federals (USFL) and Iowa University (his alma mater).

Coach Jauch will arrive in Germany in mid-March to begin preparing for the German season which gets underway in April.

On February 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

I've watched that clip a million times.  

I wasn't that old in 84 but I was old enough to feel the weight of that drought.  That game would rank in my top 5 sports fan moments even now.  Ahead of even the Grey Cup in 84 because I knew we would win that game.  maybe even ahead of the Cup wins in 88 and 90 which I made the mistake of believing were becoming routine.