A mini mini camp

blitzmore

Speaking of neg lists, Mike you seem to have a pretty good idea regarding whose on ours. How would you rate it?

I would rate it as one of the more realistic neg lists in the league

So when Penton had one of his CFL insiders tell him that the Bombers neg list was the worst in the League according to the insider's GM that insider/GM is full of hooey?

I think what Mike meant, that since neg list players rarely end up as anything (Remember when Taman neg listed Deion Sanders?) that our neg list have the most potential of ending up on our roster.  Penton's source may be right but really means nothing.

Speaking of neg lists, Mike you seem to have a pretty good idea regarding whose on ours. How would you rate it?

So when Penton had one of his CFL insiders tell him that the Bombers neg list was the worst in the League according to the insider's GM that insider/GM is full of hooey?

I think what Mike meant, that since neg list players rarely end up as anything (Remember when Taman neg listed Deion Sanders?) that our neg list have the most potential of ending up on our roster.  Penton's source may be right but really means nothing.

Pretty much.

Put it this way ...

Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin and Colin Kaepernick are all still on CFL negotiation lists. So are guys like Doug Martin and Montee Ball.

Not an absolute ton of home runs on our negotiation list and I would never claim to know the whole thing, but the guys who have been on there for a reasonably long time are what I'd consider decent bets to come to the CFL (AND be effective -- No Tebows)

If we don't have Brock Jensen QB at North Dakota State on our neg list that is really disappointing especially when he is 4 hours down the road from Winnipeg. He has lost 1 game in his time at NDSU is the back to back FCS Championship game MVP and has beat University of Minnesota and Kansas State in the past two years. Very comparable to Travis Lulay in skill set.

Pretty much.

Put it this way ...

Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin and Colin Kaepernick are all still on CFL negotiation lists. So are guys like Doug Martin and Montee Ball.

Not an absolute ton of home runs on our negotiation list and I would never claim to know the whole thing, but the guys who have been on there for a reasonably long time are what I'd consider decent bets to come to the CFL (AND be effective -- No Tebows)

From my perspective I don't see how a neg list that consists of players who actually might come here can be considered worse than neg lists with pie in the sky players on it like RG3 and Kaepernick.

Penton was at it again today because he asked a source about changes to neg lists since NFL cut down day and was told the Bombers haven't made any changes and the Lions have made the most with 13.