Pollution spread across the Prairies excluding MB

Fatty Liver

• 2 weeks later...

That's disturbing.

You can't let peoples jobs keep you in the dark ages.  You have to keep up with the times and move on or we will never progress.  Plus there it's not like they just shut down the plants and that would be it.  They'd have to build something new that would be less polluting which would end up creating more jobs.

That's disturbing.

You can't let peoples jobs keep you in the dark ages.  You have to keep up with the times and move on or we will never progress.  Plus there it's not like they just shut down the plants and that would be it.  They'd have to build something new that would be less polluting which would end up creating more jobs.

Most of those emissions are generated from coal fired electricity plants and there is no shortage of natural gas in the areas that they're coming from, just an absence of fore-sight.  I believe the last two coal fired electricity plants in MB. were shut down in the early 90's after they did a study of the toxins they were spewing.

World wide, the coal industry is in decline right now.... In Canada, Tec is laying people off......

In the USA they haven't built a new coal powered generator for many years, and existing ones are being steadily shut down.

although I think India is increasing coal burning...

That's disturbing.

You can't let peoples jobs keep you in the dark ages. You have to keep up with the times and move on or we will never progress. Plus there it's not like they just shut down the plants and that would be it. They'd have to build something new that would be less polluting which would end up creating more jobs.

This kinda talk will get you killed in small town Alberta....

That's disturbing.

Most of those emissions are generated from coal fired electricity plants and there is no shortage of natural gas in the areas that they're coming from, just an absence of fore-sight.  I believe the last two coal fired electricity plants in MB. were shut down in the early 90's after they did a study of the toxins they were spewing.

They converted the Selkirk plant to Nat Gas but the Brandon plant still does coal.  But they only run it in winter usually when they need the extra power.  The Brandon plant also has a couple of gas turbines which further lessens the use of coal.  Be nice if they would convert to Nat Gas but I think I heard the cost wasn't worth it considering how little it actually runs. 

That's disturbing.

You can't let peoples jobs keep you in the dark ages. You have to keep up with the times and move on or we will never progress. Plus there it's not like they just shut down the plants and that would be it. They'd have to build something new that would be less polluting which would end up creating more jobs.

This kinda talk will get you killed in small town Alberta....

I don't play by nobody's rules...

tumblr_mbeyl9YaiH1qixzl1o1_500.jpg