News Feed Poll

Rich

News Feed  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want news articles showing up as "new" content on the site?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter to me

I've had some comments about the news articles in the News Feed site dominating certain areas of the board.  Specifically, the "View New Content" and the "Recent Topics" section on the right side of the forums page.  The preference being that actual board content show up there over news articles.   On a daily basis, we do get more news articles then new threads being created.

I've disabled that forum from showing up in those areas for now, the problem being is everyone tends to use the board a little differently and what someone likes, someone else doesn't.   So I'm curious if people have thoughts or preferences on this.

How do you use the board and find new posts or content?  What do you want to see in there?

Removing the news from new content is an upgrade for me.  I already read the news articles, so I go into the news feed and mark it as read in the morning.  Not a big enough deal to complain, but it would be nice if I had a choice of which forums I got in New Content.

My saved link is 'View New Content'.  I click on the first entry, click on 'first unread', then go through clicking on Next Unread Thread until I get to the end.  It works great on my laptop, but the 'next unread thread' doesn't work on my Blackberry (No, I don't want to go to an Android or IPhone).  No big deal, but it would be nice if it worked and I'll be happy to test it for you if you don't have a Blackberry to work with.

I was one of the people who made a comment. When I pick View new content, I would like to see only the new content made by actual posters. I read the newspaper links myself and not fond of seeing them interspersed with the other new posts, virtually all of them with 0 comments.

If everyone else still wants to see them every day...not a problem...I just like it better when they were not there...or if they could be placed off by themselves that would be even better.

I voted no, mainly because I come to the site for user created content.  

I constantly go over the Free Press and the Sun daily for my Bomber news anyways.  I just think that having a separate thread that has only a link to a story creates too much stuff to try and sort through here on MBB