Game 16 : Jets @ Canadiens

Time: 6:30

Whats at stake? Chance to tie club record for consecutive games with a point. Chance to tie for division lead.

Last season's win in MTL was historic. Now only did we win in MTL for the first time since 86? but shenanigans p'd off MTL fans at the end and who don't love that.

My h8 for EDM and all things City of Champions is strong but the h8 for MTL is stronger.

Looks like Pav starting and Peluso still not on the Rock.

Speaking of the Rock...dem Ice Caps is melting and the goalies have lousy stats.

Is Halischuck still with the jets? He's help out the caps. So would Peluso.

What's this rumour going around that the jets partied pretty hard last night in Montreal?

Big game tonight. Franchise point streak. Maintain divisional standing. Silence some naysayers.

Sunday night i believe,  they were in montreal a few days a head of time. It was the new recruits initiation stuff, So yeah they partied pretty hard but it was 2 days before the game took place so didn't really effect them too much. People would be quite surprised to hear about all the drinking they actually do, they do it here, they do it on the road, It is what it is. 

Can't blame PAv who played very well and was the only real reason the Jets were in the game, Don't really like cherry picking the goalie for one  bad goal when the team in front of him couldn't even score One goal of their own. Jets tho are quite snake bitten right now, could have probably had 5 goals for, just for some reason they are gripping the sticks a little too hard right now. 

Thought it was a good game, Jets played well actually, just couldn't score. Can't win them all i guess. 

Can't blame PAv who played very well and was the only real reason the Jets were in the game, Don't really like cherry picking the goalie for one  bad goal when the team in front of him couldn't even score One goal of their own. Jets tho are quite snake bitten right now, could have probably had 5 goals for, just for some reason they are gripping the sticks a little too hard right now. 

Thought it was a good game, Jets played well actually, just couldn't score. Can't win them all i guess. 

That's ok...I don't really like someone not admitting that the 2nd goal was a bad one...watch again...him trying to do a slow shuffle across the crease. That goal was a killer despite the fact the Jets were snakebit. Who knows? That goal doesn't go in and maybe they do score. We'll never know.

That's ok...I don't really like someone not admitting that the 2nd goal was a bad one...watch again...him trying to do a slow shuffle across the crease. That goal was a killer despite the fact the Jets were snakebit. Who knows? That goal doesn't go in and maybe they do score. We'll never know.

The team didn't score 1 goal tho, yeah it was a bad goal but it doesn't matter because if that goal didn't happen, it would have ended 1 or 2-0 anyway, because they scored an empty netter, when the team in front of you can't score 1 goal, does it really matter if the 2nd goal you give up is a weak one? Why does it matter, Jets can't score. Doen't matter if he gives up a bad goal, every goalie does, 1-0, 2-0,3-0, The one constant is the 0 there for the Jets. 

The team didn't score 1 goal tho, yeah it was a bad goal but it doesn't matter because if that goal didn't happen, it would have ended 1 or 2-0 anyway, because they scored an empty netter, when the team in front of you can't score 1 goal, does it really matter if the 2nd goal you give up is a weak one? Why does it matter, Jets can't score. Doen't matter if he gives up a bad goal, every goalie does, 1-0, 2-0,3-0, The one constant is the 0 there for the Jets. 

Sure it matters...always matters in one way or another when a goalie gives up a bad goal.

Sure it matters...always matters in one way or another when a goalie gives up a bad goal.

When the team can't score a goal and you are expecting your goalie to give up 1 or less goals a game, hell even 2 or less, this is the NHL, you aren't going to win. Seriously, your one post is going on about a bad goal in a game where the team in front of him didn't score any. How do you ignore the fact that the team didn't score, It's irrelevant if he let in a "bad goal", Cuz the Jets themselves didn't score any. I don't get this here, blaming a goalie for a bad goal? Ok it wasn't a great goal but it's irrelevant when the team in front of you can't score 1 goal even. It's not like the Jets have been winning games because they have been lighting the lamp, they have been winning games cuz they score 1 goal and Pav saves their asses and then wins it in a shoot-out or OT. I'd be with you but.. fact is this team is average less than 2 goals scored per game, you take away that 6 goal season opening performance and it's actually under 2 goals scored per game, how do you expect to win when you are expecting your goalie to get a shut-out every night? 

Look, Pavs had a habit of letting in bad goals last year at absolutely the worst times. Sort of like Kevin Glenn's interceptions. This year he is better than last year as he seems to have made some small changes I'll give him that. But the whole team is playing better defence in front of him, so it's not all on him saving games for the Jets. All I want him to do is play as well as the Goalie at the other end. He didn't because he let in a bad goal. That has an effect on the whole team because the Jets were busting their asses. He doesn't let in a bad goal...who knows what happens? Obviously they didn't score a goal, but what might have been? We'll never know is my point.

Let's break it down.. simple and easy style

Jets have played 16 games

They are 8-6-2

They have Scored 30 goals in those 16 games, 32 goals = 2 goals per game. 

They won their opener 6-2.. so in the 15 games since then, they have scored 24 goals

24/15 = about 1.5 if that goals per game.

Basically, if Pav doesn't get a shut-out, the Jets don't win.

Pavelec himself, started 14 games but has played in  15...  In those 15 games, he has given up you ready for this? 29 goals. Less than 2 goals per  game.

His GAA (1.99) and save percentage (9.28) is top 10 in the league.. But his record is 7-5-2.

Crazy that the guy on average gives up 2 or less goals per game, yet the team in front of him can only score 1.5

This blaming Pavelec stuff people do every game, or after every loss is ridiculous, He's giving up less than 2 goals per game.. What more do you want him to do? Get a shut-out every night? Cuz that's realistic for sure. 

What might have been? What is likely to have happened since it is what happened is the Jets lose 2-0 instead of 3-0, The empty netter still would have happened and the Jets still wouldn't have scored. 

Talk to me at the end of the year about Pavs. If he still has the stats he has now...I'll stop blaming him for the bad goals he lets in. You ignore the fact about how the team is playing defence...it's not all about his stats.

And  you are ignoring the bigger fact.. and that is, The team doesn't score enough goals to win. Jesus man, the guy is giving up less than 2 goals per game in the NHL.. On most teams, you win every one of those games unless you run in to some goalie who is playing out of his mind that night, Which pavelec has done pretty much the entire season.

End of the year? Sure, but if the team can't score more than 1.5 goals per game, it's really irrelevant.

You blame him for one bad goal, but the team couldn't score 1 goal of their own. How do you ignore that?