The plug in and play Bombers?

IC Khari

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/07/26/carter-off-to-a-good-start

I don't know about you but it's obvious there is a definite trend with this year's version of the Bombers. It doesn't seem to matter too much who goes in, they seem to get the job done. It's situations like this (article) that demonstrate to me it's good coaching and a good system that wins consistently in this league. IMO the biggest issue this team has had in the past number of seasons is the fact that injuries or lack of depth would kill our chances. It was frustrating because back then for the Bombers, you could have all stars in place here, and they couldn't get it done because the system was flawed. I always wondered why teams like Calgary could just find new players to replace quality starters and we couldn't. Sure you do need good players and a quality QB and teams like the Stamps seen to always have had that but you also need a solid system in place. That's the big difference this year. Like the article points out, Carter is in for Julian Feoli-Gudino, who's in for Croy Watson etc. Our defence has sort of been the same. We lose Vega and Sears but the replacements do just fine. About the only area we are still working on is Oline in this regard but I believe soon we'll be good there too (although they were pretty good on Friday night). Am I simplifying this too much or am I on to something or on something here?