Aussie rules football

I spent 6 months in Australia in university in a exchange program. I fell in love with Aussie Rules. My good buddy down there cheered for the Sydney Swans so I cheered for them. They had not won the Premiership in a very long time but managed to win it the year I was down there in 2005. Its a great game. I am guessing Project_Legacy is a fan since he has a Carlton Blues logo as his avatar.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the year 1997 in Perth Australia, and my boss had season tickets to the Fremantle Dockers, who were an expansion team that year. For reasons unknown, TSN showed the games unedited all last season, then cut out almost the entire third period of the Grand Final, in which the Dockers were playing. It made me incredibly angry.

The rules are a bit tough to understand. Essentially if a guy kicks the ball to another guy, and the other guy catches it, it's called a "mark", and now you are awarded a free kick. The object is to kick the ball through the big goal posts. If it goes through, its six points. If it goes through one of the side markers its one point. The game is amazing to watch live, just loved it, especially while quaffing large amounts of Carleton cold and Crown Lager.

One of the best things about Footy is every Thursday night one of the TV channels has a show called "The Footy Show" in which all kinds of craziness and non-politically correct stuff goes on. Totally hilarious. The hosts knock back beer the entire show and are pretty plastered by the end.

The game started in Melbourne, which is why you have six teams from Melbourne, and only one or two from all of the other major cities.

Go Dockers!!

• 3 weeks later...