Football Gameplan's CFL Week 2 Preview - Bombers vs RedBlacks

EmDiggy

Your production values are improving, but I have to be honest. The analysis still leaves a lot to be desired.

For Ottawa's preview, all you really seemed to do is name names. You seemed to more or less just be reading their depth chart.

For Winnipeg's preview, you isolated Jesse Briggs as a defender who played well last week. He took maybe half a dozen snaps on defense all game, if that.

For the keys to the game, you mentioned Winnipeg needs to make it a boring game like last week. What part of a 45 point outburst is boring? And why would we want to make it boring this week?

I do like the fantasy football feature though, it's an interesting addition to your previews.

Your production values are improving, but I have to be honest. The analysis still leaves a lot to be desired.

For Ottawa's preview, all you really seemed to do is name names. You seemed to more or less just be reading their depth chart.

For Winnipeg's preview, you isolated Jesse Briggs as a defender who played well last week. He took maybe half a dozen snaps on defense all game, if that.

For the keys to the game, you mentioned Winnipeg needs to make it a boring game like last week. What part of a 45 point outburst is boring? And why would we want to make it boring this week?

I do like the fantasy football feature though, it's an interesting addition to your previews.

Thanks for the feedback. As for Ottawa, they haven't played a game yet (other than preseason) so it's really tough to gauge what they will/won't do..especially since this is their 1st season. 

"Making the game boring" means playing efficient football..that's what they did last week vs Toronto. They didn't try to get 'cute' or 'fancy', they kept it simple and executed. That's what is meant by 'keep it boring'. It has nothing to do with points.

Thanks for the feedback. As for Ottawa, they haven't played a game yet (other than preseason) so it's really tough to gauge what they will/won't do..especially since this is their 1st season. 

"Making the game boring" means playing efficient football..that's what they did last week vs Toronto. They didn't try to get 'cute' or 'fancy', they kept it simple and executed. That's what is meant by 'keep it boring'. It has nothing to do with points.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the efforts you go through. Just constructive criticism, that's all. I've seen you break down film before and your knowledge is strong. Try and integrate that into the previews when possible and they'd improve a ton.

Always love seeing somebody from down in the States embrace the game.