Rules quiz on cfl.ca

johnzo

There must be some sort of twisted wording on Question 6 that I am not seeing, because a penalty in goal IS a safety. They said False in the answer.

That's a NFL rule.

The CFL rule says:

Article 3 – Safety Touch

A safety touch is scored when the ball becomes dead in the possession of a team in its own Goal Area, or touches or crosses the Dead Line or a Sideline in Goal as a result of the ball having been carried, kicked, fumbled or otherwise directed from the Field of Play into the Goal Area by the team scored against, or as a direct result of a kick from scrimmage having been blocked in the Field of Play or Goal Area.

After a safety touch, the options to the scoring team are to:

(a) Scrimmage at their own 35-yard line,

(b ) kickoff from their own 35-yard line or,

(c ) Accept a kickoff from the 25-yard line of the team who conceded the safety touch.

If while in the act of conceding a safety touch, a team deliberately, in the judgment of the official, commits a Holding infraction, the score shall count and the penalty applied at the point where the ball is next put into play.

When a Rough Play or Unnecessary Roughness foul is committed on a play during which a safety touch is scored by the non-offending team, the score shall be allowed and the penalty assessed from the point where the ball is next put in play.

I refused to participate after I noticed that the majority of questions were obviously making fun of Canadians in a highly inflammatory fashion.

Like i know it's my team eh, you don't have to keep mentioning it in almost every question eh?

There must be some sort of twisted wording on Question 6 that I am not seeing, because a penalty in goal IS a safety. They said False in the answer.

That's a NFL rule.

The CFL rule says:

Article 3 – Safety Touch

A safety touch is scored when the ball becomes dead in the possession of a team in its own Goal Area, or touches or crosses the Dead Line or a Sideline in Goal as a result of the ball having been carried, kicked, fumbled or otherwise directed from the Field of Play into the Goal Area by the team scored against, or as a direct result of a kick from scrimmage having been blocked in the Field of Play or Goal Area.

After a safety touch, the options to the scoring team are to:

(a) Scrimmage at their own 35-yard line,

(b ) kickoff from their own 35-yard line or,

(c ) Accept a kickoff from the 25-yard line of the team who conceded the safety touch.

If while in the act of conceding a safety touch, a team deliberately, in the judgment of the official, commits a Holding infraction, the score shall count and the penalty applied at the point where the ball is next put into play.

When a Rough Play or Unnecessary Roughness foul is committed on a play during which a safety touch is scored by the non-offending team, the score shall be allowed and the penalty assessed from the point where the ball is next put in play.

Yeah I misinterpreted one of the other rules by not fully reading it. I am an idiot.