Keep Jokinen, Trade Kane?

why did the oilers trade gretzky?

montreal traded roy, sure he asked to be traded but they traded him, he certainly didnt suck.

Lots of players get moved for reasons other then they suck, actually most players who suck dont get moved at all, they just get benched and either bought out or they let their contracts expire and let them wak or get buried in the minors.

I dont think the Jets move Kane, i think he wants to be here and i think those rumors are fueled by ppl on twitter with nothing better to do then talk crap about a 23 year old rich young black man.

Its funny, you hear all the bad about kane but just the other day, he met with some people, some special needs children and where was that reported? nowhere.

Fact seems to be, Kane only gets mentioned when things go wrong because those in charge think thats what sells papers. He does good community things too but those never get mentioned. Is he a bit immature? sure he is, but he's 23 for gods sake. Gotta give the kid a chance to grow up.

I really like the Jets more when I hear Mark Chipman speaking. Very open and honest - even with Lawless trying to mug him with oddball questions.

Doesn't talk in vapid circles like Cheveldayoff who's a master in that art form.

Maurice is great on the stick. Lots of confidence and assertive. He can basically disarm any of the limp-wristed Winnipeg media and leave 'em layin'

montreal traded roy, sure he asked to be traded but they traded him, he certainly didnt suck.

Lots of players get moved for reasons other then they suck, actually most players who suck dont get moved at all, they just get benched and either bought out or they let their contracts expire and let them wak or get buried in the minors.

I dont think the Jets move Kane, i think he wants to be here and i think those rumors are fueled by ppl on twitter with nothing better to do then talk crap about a 23 year old rich young black man.

Its funny, you hear all the bad about kane but just the other day, he met with some people, some special needs children and where was that reported? nowhere.

Fact seems to be, Kane only gets mentioned when things go wrong because those in charge think thats what sells papers. He does good community things too but those never get mentioned. Is he a bit immature? sure he is, but he's 23 for gods sake. Gotta give the kid a chance to grow up.

Gretzky was traded for money cause Pocklington was broke, Roy demanded a trade to get away from a coach he didn't like... That's really the point here. You don't often see teams trading players unless the relationship between the two sours and that makes it hard to get full value cause the buyer is reluctant to give up a lot. This whole idea that they can just trade Kane for big value is a fallacy because like it or not he does have some question marks with his attitude and that would give the perception they're moving a problem player. 

Gretzky was traded for money cause Pocklington was broke, Roy demanded a trade to get away from a coach he didn't like... That's really the point here. You don't often see teams trading players unless the relationship between the two sours and that makes it hard to get full value cause the buyer is reluctant to give up a lot. This whole idea that they can just trade Kane for big value is a fallacy because like it or not he does have some question marks with his attitude and that would give the perception they're moving a problem player. 

I disagree.  Unless there is something significant behind the scenes that we dont know about (but that other teams surely would), there is nothing to indicate that Kane is a problem player.  When you hear legitimate sources discuss Kane (like Bob Mackenzie, Gary Lawless etc), the reasoning behind trade talk is generally, does Kane want to be in Winnipeg long term, does Kane fit the type of team that the Jets are trying to build.

If Chevy makes it known he will entertain trade offers for Kane at the draft, there will be a long line at the Jets' table with significant offers.  Kane's talent, age and contract make him a player every team could build around.  Not every team would be able to offer a blockbuster (for the reason you stated that they'd give up more to get Kane that it would be worth), but plenty of teams would do it.

The point is not that you'd get a player equal to Kane (unless the perfect scenario of a player like Kane wanting a change of scenery from his team ie. Sequin in Boston) but that you'd get a top six talent beneath Kane in skill, a 3rd line-ish player with talent and character (think Frolik) a prospect and/or pick (and depending on the position, draft strength and scouting ability that pick can prroduce anything from a bust to a superstar).