Are The Bomber Coaches Aware Of The New Timeout Rules?

B-F-F-C

A team has two timeouts that can be used at any time of the game and not limited to one each half.  The only thing is, is that they can't take more than one timeout in the last three minutes of each half. 

I ask as I wondered why they took a timeout near the end of the 1st half this week yet they proceeded to run out the clock and not even attempt to score.  They would have been better off to save it and use it in the 2nd half if they needed it.     

The time-out was called to stop the clock before Whyte punted. He didn't exactly have a stellar day punting the ball so I would assume they hoped they would get good field position, run a play and, if successful, maybe try a field goal but as it turned out there wasn't enough time.

The time-out was called to stop the clock before Whyte punted. He didn't exactly have a stellar day punting the ball so I would assume they hoped they would get good field position, run a play and, if successful, maybe try a field goal but as it turned out there wasn't enough time.

If that was the plan. Then why didn't the bombers attempt at least one long passing play to gain the necessary yardage to at least try a field goal?  IIRC, they ran a couple of plays on the ground. 

To me it just seemed to be a wasted time out call.  Which in the end wasn't needed in the 2nd half but you never know.