What if Tim Burke had come back as DC?

This was discussed quite frequently prior to him being hired by the Argos. It seems that most people wanted someone new at first, but seeing as how we ended up with Etch, would this have been a better option? Or would it have just been a bad situation having the man responsible for last years mess around in any capacity? 

Just when you think he's gone... the stench of Burke (losing) returns.

I'd take Jim Daley over Burke, because at least the stench of his rotten carcass hasn't been wafting over Portage and Main to the tune of 7-21 for the past year and a half.  Burke was an absolute and total DISASTER as HC, and oversaw the club in spectacularly bad fashion during what I'd call our worst stretch in the last 30 years.

Yes, I'd have preferred Steinauer, Stubler, or Lovie Smith, but I'll take Etch over Tim Burke, on the premise of leadership change on its own.

Crazy talk! Tim Burke has been and will likely continue to be among the best DC's in the league. 4 consecutive seasons in the GC, winning two of them? Our most successful season in the past 5 years was the one year he was our DC from start to finish.

BUT... the situation in Winnipeg would never have worked for Burke or the Bombers. Nobody wants to get unceremoniously demoted and told to work for the next guy in line, and the incoming staff wanted to show they were heading in a completely new direction; that meant shedding basically the entire coaching staff, including Burke.

Crazy talk! Tim Burke has been and will likely continue to be among the best DC's in the league. 4 consecutive seasons in the GC, winning two of them? Our most successful season in the past 5 years was the one year he was our DC from start to finish.

BUT... the situation in Winnipeg would never have worked for Burke or the Bombers. Nobody wants to get unceremoniously demoted and told to work for the next guy in line, and the incoming staff wanted to show they were heading in a completely new direction; that meant shedding basically the entire coaching staff, including Burke.

His work as a DC has been outstanding... that's not my issue.  He was a poor leader, and we needed a culture change.  Had to go.  Again, I'd take Daley back over him, and I've got 3 half-eaten, day-old Wrath of Khans and a meter high pile of dog **** higher on my list than Daley.