Jamaal Westerman waived

yup he is a non-import.

No. He's not.

He played high school football in Brampton and spent enough time in Canada as a kid to be considered a non-import, but he STARTED his high school football playing days in Florida, which makes him ineligible for NI status.

yup he is a non-import.

No. He's not.

He played high school football in Brampton and spent enough time in Canada as a kid to be considered a non-import, but he STARTED his high school football playing days in Florida, which makes him ineligible for NI status.

Oh sorry, my bad.  I thought College had some part in non-import status for US citizens.  "A player who was physically resident in Canada for an aggregate of 7 years prior to turning 15 or if he’s a Canadian Citizen, was physically resident in Canada for an aggregate period of 5 years prior to turning 18

yup he is a non-import.

No. He's not.

sorry typo. i know he's an import. i'm supposed to follow your post.

btw, anybody know how Ben Cahoon got his NI status?

According to wikipedia:

"Cahoon spent part of his childhood in Southern Alberta and is therefore considered a non-import under the CFL's import/non-import ratio rule.[5] "

So he probably lived in Alberta for 7 years before turning 15 since they said "childhood" and not teenage years.