Mike Kelly Explains Kevin Glenn Cut From 2009

Noeller

Taman was not demoted when Kelly was hired. He quit because he didn't want to work with the guy. There was no GM, Bauer had decided he would oversee football ops and Kelly, Murphy and Hodgkinson.

He was demoted and then later decided to quit.

He saw what Kelly was planning and got the **** out while the getting was good. 

Taman was not demoted when Kelly was hired. He quit because he didn't want to work with the guy. There was no GM, Bauer had decided he would oversee football ops and Kelly, Murphy and Hodgkinson.

Yes and no.

Taman was moved from the GM position to the position of Vice President of Player Personnel in late 2008. He stepped down as VP of Player Personnel on January 13, 2009, saying he needed a break from football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Taman

I've got a copy of the Bombers 2009 Media Guide and you're right that no one is listed as a GM that year. (Wiki is in error on this point, they put Kelly as the 2009 GM.) 

Bauer was the President and CEO.

John Murphy was the Director of Player Personnel.

Ross Hodgkinson was the Director of Football Operations. (He handled the day-to-day stuff, like booking hotels.)

Kelly, in the media guide, is just listed as the Head Coach. But in his Wiki autobiography (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Kelly_(Canadian_football)  "someone other than myself is libellously making edits on this page. I have taken off negativity and updated content in the initial summary, revised my career highlights, and eliminated personal life. Please do not allow anyone telse to edit this page") Kelly lists himself as HC/OC/QB coach.

I also agree with you that Taman left because he didn't want to work with Kelly but AFAIK this was never made clear in the media.