OId Haunted Winnipeg Restaurant (Mother Tucker's)

SpeedFlex27

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/winnipegs-friendly-masonic-temple-ghost

I came across this story about the old Mother Tucker's restaurant being haunted. Back in the mid 80's I had an experience in that restaurant that was a bit unsettling. I was with my girlfriend & excused myself from our table as I had to use the washroom. It was located downstairs from the main dining area so I went down a flight of stairs to get there. I opened the door & when I was inside there was no one else there. Stepped up to the urinal & as I was standing I felt like someone was watching me. It was such a strong sensation that it gave me chills & the hair on the back of my neck felt like they were standing straight up. I looked both ways over my shoulders & there was no one there. I know I got out of there as quickly as I could. It was a truly creepy experience. When I got back to my table I told my girlfriend what had happened, she just chuckled & humoured me more than believed me.  I  remember mentioning what happened to our waiter & he said the place was haunted. That stuff like that happened there all the time. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I always thought the food was okay but that may have been years before you went & restaurants change owners & menus. Just wish to add that I went back to Mother Tuckers at least twice after that incident & even used the washroom again but never experienced what I experienced that first time. The washroom was like any other. No feeling of being watched.