View from the south

mgoodpaster

Really. I don't lock my doors very often. If someone intends mayhem a locked door is not going to stop them. If the purpose is to rob, a locked door is not much of an obstacle. The point in the film was to highlight the culture of fear that is down there. Even with a demographically decreased crime rate, and more people in jail than ever before there is still a ridiculous fear of crime in the excited states. 

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Really. I don't lock my doors very often. If someone intends mayhem a locked door is not going to stop them. If the purpose is to rob, a locked door is not much of an obstacle. The point in the film was to highlight the culture of fear that is down there. Even with a demographically decreased crime rate, and more people in jail than ever before there is still a ridiculous fear of crime in the excited states. 

I agree with what you're saying about the culture of fear. But anyway. Where I grew up, you definitely needed to lock your doors. And that part of the movie exaggerated the culture we have in Canada. Made an attempt to make it seem like we live in a utopia where no one is afraid of anyone else so we never lock our doors. Which just isn't true.

ANYWAY...picks Ottawa? I"m guessing he hasn't seen Burris play in the cold.

Edited by Bigblue204

5 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

And guns. Lots and lots of guns. A couple of months ago we stopped for breakfast in the upper Michigan peninsula and a trucker in the cafe noticed our Manitoba plates. He came over and asked if we had Christian churches "up there". We told him that we were a lot like Americans but with a lot fewer guns but free healthcare. He thought a moment and said,"I'd rather have my guns". Brrrr. And apparently almost half the Republicans are going to buy more guns because they now believe they will lose the election.