The way the CFL used to promote it's product ...

IC Khari

Ha, I started smoking in HS back in 1973 after I tried a Colt cigarello so seeing those commercials brought back some memories. Strange seeing them on television in this day & age. From smoking Colts cigarellos, I graduated to cigarettes shortly thereafter. Didn't quit until 1996 when I was a 2 pack a day smoker. Quit cold turkey as well. Just threw my last pack away, said **** it & never looked back. Been absolutely smoke free now... not one cigarette since for 19 years. As far as football goes, that video was fun to watch. That was back in the day when the CFL had an All Star Game. Ray Odums was a shut down corner & one of the best anywhere. He used to be a Blue Bomber. I think he came up here in 1975 & was a wide receiver but was moved to corner where he really developed into a great player. Played for us, the Stamps & Riders. However, getting back to the All Star game, the GC champs played the rest of the CFL. That game was in Calgary in the pre season in 1978. I love skill competitions. It'd be great if we could do something like that again.

A CFL All Star Game memory. In 1970, the CFL All Stars played the GC champs Ottawa Rough Riders. The Bombers only all star & best player, flanker Ken Nielsen career ended when he ran full speed into the goal post & injured his neck & back. He has his head turned concentrating on catching a pass from Ron Lancaster. Fluke injury. Never played again.