The Hoser’s Guide to the 102nd Grey Cup

TheBlueBastard

As I started preparing to head out for my 9th consecutive trip to the Grand National Drunk I got to thinking that the Canadian thing to do would be to share the things I have learned over the years about GC weekend.  So I put together this inebriated (but detailed) guide to the 102nd Grey Cup.  I've noted which parties I think will be good, which might not be and how to save a couple bucks on entry.  If you've never been to GC I have laid out the whole weekend from Thursday am right up to the big game (this is my plan for the trip).  There's also a strategy for getting your mitts on the Grey Cup during the Fan March if you've never done that, which you should because it's awesome!

Anyone else have any good Grey Cup tips?  I'd love to know for this weekend!  Gets better every year I go!

If you're headed to YVR this weekend I'm easy to spot (that's a real pic on the left).  Say hello and we'll grab a beer.  You can also summon me via twitter @BlueBastardCFL or bluebastardcfl< at >gmail.com.

Thanks for the overview.  Makes me want to don my Bomber jersey and head out to the parties.  Take in the Montreal and Hamilton venues if you get a chance.  The Esks room is always a top venue (At least it was in my time) as is the Eskimos breakfast if it still exists.  Hammy's venue should be great this year.

Hamilton's should definitely be rocking this year.  Last year it was tough for people to get to and stay in Regina.  VanCity can handle the horde much better which should mean better team parties.

Edmonton still has their breakfast but it's already sold out this year so I didn't mention it.

I'm having a hard time working today, just wanna get on the plane!