Joe

pigseye

Lobendahn, not Mack.

Since the big guy went down in Week 11 of 2011, as he was headed for Defensive Player of the Year, the Bombers fortunes turned and the team has gone 11 - 22. I still remember him chasing down Chris Williams and knocking the ball out of his hands at the goal line to preserve the victory in that game for the Bombers.

You can never under-estimate the value of your MLB position, he has to be your best player on defence game in and game out and force game changing plays. Move Henoc to WIL, let him use his natural athleticism to make plays, where he just has react, and let's get a stud in the middle of our defence again.

vs. Sears who was awful at it, vs. washington who wasn't solid there either.... You see where I'm going with this? If Hefney hadn't been a whiner last year and played the position like was the plan things might have looked entirely different last season as well because some of the best games of 2011 for the defense came in games Hefney was playing SAM. 

let a defense play with a lead there's less pressure on them and the other offense has to do more than play it safe and then punt and win the field position game by attrition. That's what's happening to the bombers right now. even giving up 1 first down can put the bombers in a losing situation in terms of field position over the course of a quarter or a half. 

You want to get the offence producing, get an impact player there as well.

The Bomber offences have been mostly on and off for as long as I can remember but they always had one or two players who could come through in the crunch, I think 17to85 even recently commented on this another thread.

This is really what is missing from the this team, a few impact players and they would be right back in the thick of things.

You want to get the offence producing, get an impact player there as well.

on this count you're correct. They need someone they can rely on to be the guy to make a play for them when they need one. I also attribute it to them not having any sort of identity as an offense. They don't know what kind of offense they are or what they do well or even what they want to do well. Figure that out and things will improve.